Day 1

Options
shuki_cotren
shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
I started today, wahoo! Overall not too pleased that I forgot my protein at home today, but I know I will get lots of protein at dinner tonight.

Meal 1: Apple with almond butter (meant to do eggs for protein for meal 1 and meal 2 but forgot to pack them from the fridge- and I ate breakfast at work today)
Meal 2: Romaine lettuce salad with cherry tomatoes and extra virgin olive oil/vinegar
-->Banana right after finishing salad

*I have heard it is not good to start a meal by eating something sugary like fruit

Meal 3: OMG I don't know yet. Struggling here. My husband is going to make up some ground beef tonight. I could pick up some sweet potatoes and bake some up to have along with a lettuce wrapped- taco? Or a bun-less burger if I tell him to make patties? I definitely need to go to the store before I go home!!!!! Please everyone, be more prepared than I am. :)

Replies

• ldisel
    ldisel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I boiled 12 eggs and eat two plus a banana for breakfast at work. For lunch I eat roasted veggies and a huge serving of meat. Today it was Brussel sprouts and a big hamburger patty. I also roast sweet potatoes in garlic and olive oil for a starchy, filling treat when I am wanting to munch.
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I love the idea of roasting veggies and sweet potatoes. Mmmm. For dinner, I ended up cooking up some zucchini in olive oil and then adding spaghetti sauce and mixed in cooked ground beef for a meatsauce. Sort of like spaghetti with zucchini instead of noodles. I have a spiralizer to make zoodles but Im too lazy and I just chop up the zucchini and it works for me!

Oh and my salad at lunch wasn't filling enough without the egg so I had LOTS of baby carrots and a tablespoon of almondbutter and that was enough until dinner.

I had a late night snack of strawberries and then right before bed I grabbed a slice of whole30 compliant ham. I know whole30 recommends no snacking but for me I will have to work up to that. I lost a lot of weight even though I ate between meals during previous whole30s so it is not on top of my priority list to master meal planning in the first week.