Any moms out there losing the baby weight?

Options
nblandry
nblandry Posts: 10 Member
I have 8-10 pds left before I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight. Anyone else trying to get rid of those last stubborn pounds? Let's be MFP friends!
-Nicole

Replies

• smal48
    smal48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have a 10 week old and have just joined mfp as like you I want to lose about 8lb, and tone my tummy up again :)
    I'm more concerned with toning than losing weight really. I need a stronger core to cope with carrying a growing baby!
    How old is your lo?
  • bobhickory
    bobhickory Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 8-10 to get to pre-pregnancy weight too. My littlest kid is now 2.5, so it's time!
  • tinywonder25
    tinywonder25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bobhickory wrote: »
    I'm trying to lose 8-10 to get to pre-pregnancy weight too. My littlest kid is now 2.5, so it's time!

I have a 2 year old (3 in June). That last 10 though... *shakes fist*

I'm one lb away from my pp weight.. But my goal is 10 more lbs.
  • Tryallmama
    Tryallmama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I finally hit my pp weight, but I was trying to lose weight before getting pregnant so it's more like I took a maternity leave from weight loss :smiley: so now I am back to trying to lose what I lost and gained back and then re loss . wooo that's complicated lol
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    8 mo pp with no4--3 lbs left to pre pregnancy weight...and then some major recomp.
  • kathrynbooth80
    kathrynbooth80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Nearly 14 years on and I still can't lose the baby weight on my tummy. Even at my slimmest I look pregnant. Any tips as I've tried most things!
  • kclewis416
    kclewis416 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    youngest just turned 3 and I have 10 lbs to go to my PP weight with my first who is 5.

I really hope my skin tightens up as well because the more I lose the more saggier my skin looks around my belly area.
  • BmrSnrAlly
    BmrSnrAlly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My LO is 4months now. I'd like to lose 15 lbs or so more. Mostly I want to focus on regaining muscle mass and core strength so that I tighten back up again. I think about half of that weight loss will come as I just get back into shape in general, but I suspect that the last 5 or so will be harder to lose. I used to lift weights religiously with occasional small doses cardio. I'm trying to get back into a gym routine. Even though I love it, it's so hard to work into the schedule of being a working mom!
  • BmrSnrAlly
    BmrSnrAlly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Nearly 14 years on and I still can't lose the baby weight on my tummy. Even at my slimmest I look pregnant. Any tips as I've tried most things!

It may be caused by diastasis recti. Have you assessed yourself, or been assessed for this? While it can't always be healed completely, there are exercises that can help to tighten the connective tissue between the abs as you work to rebuild your core and pelvic floor. Even at 14 years pp, if you've never focused on these things in this way, it could certainly be an issue for you.