That Dang Blueberry Muffin.....

Options
PLGlass131
PLGlass131 Posts: 50 Member
I am new to this group, but the group name called out to me today, especially after last night's episode. I am definitely an emotional eater...and shopper. lol I am working on both. I was upset last night about a trip being cancelled, and it took all i had not to go eat that blueberry muffin sitting on top of my fridge. i just wanted to scarf the entire thing down, but I'm glad I didn't. I just painted my nails and went to bed, creating distractions. I would have so pissed at myself, and then stepping on the scale this morning showing I'm down 3.6 lbs for the week made me even more glad I didn't eat that dang muffin. Progress.....

Replies

• RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Great job, sometimes it is just that, creating a distraction. I wish I could say the same for yesterday, I had an emotional day (wedding planning stuff, eek!) anyway, I had one little lonely Reeses Egg , and I stared at it for like ...30 minutes. I finally gave in. I felt so bad all night, and then looked at my diary after I logged, I will still within my calorie count for the day! While it is behavior modification that we are working for, sometimes a small treat is deserved. Congrats by the way on the weight loss! I was glad I stopped at just one, bc it would have been easy to tear up some more! :)
  • PLGlass131
    Options
    @Rhiannon0816 Your resistant is way better than mine, i have no self control once I eat one bad thing. I get way out of hand, especially one the weekends. Mon-Fri I am so busy it is easy to keep myself in strict eating plan, but the weekends end up being a free for all. lol Working on that too. Ugh weeding planning is the worst. I tried to diet during mine, but end up giving up until after the wedding because of the emotional eating. :/
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @PLGlass131 I'm right there with you about the weekends...major challenge, but ive just been trying to work my weekends into my calories, if that makes any sense. Then I can still enjoy my treats on the weekend in moderation, I eat pretty much the same thing m-f for breakfast, lunch & snacks (2), so switching it up on the weekend is almost needed!

I am just at about 90 days until the wedding, so really hoping I stay committed!

Next time-- can you have a few bites of the muffin and then throw it away, lol. I know it sounds funny, but I have had to do that before. Still satisfy your craving but eliminate the possibility of consuming more?
  • PLGlass131
    Options
    @Rhiannon0816 I would but I count carbs instead of calories, and I don't trust myself to just eat one bite. lol It's just easier to distract myself with something else. I did make some low carb brownies last night to help cut the craving though. :)
  • Angelszophia
    Angelszophia Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I ate ice cream tonight & since it's almost my b-day i thought of having cheesecake on the day.. I still have a few days to distract myself.
  • soniafahmad
    soniafahmad Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i am an emotional eater too! i just bought trail mixes and had that, i like the idea of having a afew bites and then throwing away
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I am learning to throw the inticing bits away. I check with my husband to see if he'll eat them. If not, into the garbage bin it goes. It's a waste either way, in the garbage or on my a**. Better in the garbage. o:)