Atkins Induction

Options
sio915
sio915 Posts: 10 Member
Hi everyone! I am on my 4th day of the Atkins Induction and am wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions. I wouldn't mind having a buddy (or a few!) during this weight loss journey. Let me know and good luck on reaching yours goals! <3

Replies

• dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi,

I am continuing on this plan. Send me a friend request. I have been away and not logging but I am trying to get back to regular logging and I have an open diary.

This group isn't very active. A lot of us are over on the Low Carbers Daily (LCD) group. Ask to join that one, It has great information.

My only advice for the first week or two is to add water and salt since your body is releasing both of them in the induction phase. Have a read of the Atkins book carefully about this.

Good luck!
  • krisnkds
    krisnkds Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, my daughter is having great success on Atkins and I am thinking about doing it full time as well. Add me and we can help each other.
  • KarenRogers360
    KarenRogers360 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Howdy. I've been doing Atkins since April 4th and have lost 22 pounds. I try to stay under 20 grams of carbohydrate per day, in the form of green veggies. I don't use any of the Atkins products as they stall my weight loss. Good luck to you. My advice is to keep your food intake simple for the first two weeks, sticking mostly to meat and eggs. You'll completely lose your appetite and this will jump start your weight loss.
  • catzandme
    catzandme Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen,
    This is my first day and I am hopeful. I have had a coffee with 1grm of cream and going to make some scramble eggs and a bit of colbassa.
    I will keep my food simple for the first 2 weeks. Drink lots of water.
    Unfortunately I have made it through the entire winter without a cold and this Thursday came down with a doozie! Head cold with headache and runny nose. But I am staying inside all day, reading and taking care of myself.
    PLs write and tell me a bit about yourself.
    Gayle