Lazy person Just joined.

Options
lukkiecharm
lukkiecharm Posts: 13 Member
I have recently has some problems with my blood pressure. and a few other things. I stopped smoking on January 23rd and now I am working on the exercise and diet part - so I joined my fitness pal because I bought a garmin fitbit and now I am joining this group. Any one have any ideas on how a lazy person can get healthier?

Replies

• queen4elm
    queen4elm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats on stopping smoking. I wouldn't say that you are lazy. For me, life happened. Plenty of indulgent choices and inactive choices. I tell my daughter often, that life is truly a bunch of choices and consequences thrown together. Every choice made is a consequence earned. For me, years of choosing to eat out, overeat, fatty, fried, etc food choices lead me to weigh 259 lbs. I made plenty of inactivity choices. Anything that was in the least bit active, I shied away from. That lead me to not only being overweight but inactive and even the simple everyday stuff, like bathing was exhausting. I made a choice to become healthier. Not to lose weight but to become healthier and to manage my condition, i chose to manage them not let them manage me. The consequence WAS the weight loss. 53 pounds of it. Better overall health. To succeed you need to first choose to succeed. The next step for me was to get my diet in control. I actually lost weight before I started to exercise. Now, I choose to incorporate extra activity as much as I can. I feel a whole lot different than I did. Take baby steps and once you get one thing down. Switch something else. Changing cold turkey didn't work for me. I had to gradually make changes. I still make "not so good choices". I just choose to accept that I am not perfect. And brush myself off and get back on track, I know that this was very long. But, just maybe, you'll find something useful in this post.