White patches on face.

Options
jumanajane
jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
A friend of mine following LCHF has developed white patches on her face recently. She is of Indian descent so it's quite noticable. It's been suggested that it's a vitamin deficiency. Does anyone have a similar experience or any suggestions please??

Replies

• LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Can you explain the white patches more thoroughly? Are they smooth skin, ridged around the edges or scaly?? I don't know what could cause it with lc eating but maybe we would have a better idea if it is possibly an allergic reaction or a natural skin pigmentation issue.

I would suggest she see a dermatologist to figure out if it is something normal that happens to people of Indian descent or if there is something else going on.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Vitiligo? This is definitely something for a doctor to look at.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming it's dry and flaky??? Dehydration most likely from low sodium levels. And if sodium has become low, magnesium has almost certainly been sacrificed as well, which is also important for hydration.
    Read the launch pad info about electrolytes for tips on getting back to normal.
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    From what I can see its smooth with no ridging. She only sent me a selfie to show them! My first thought was vitiligo but as its new and she is associating it to her diet and I'm aware of some of us getting odd rashes etc I thought I'd ask before suggesting a dermatologist. Thanks!