100% Challenge - I’ve Got the Power - Mon 4/11 to Sun 5/22 - Join Anytime!

Options
13»

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

05/15/2016 100%

Hi
    Record Cold in some part of the area overnight, It was around 41 degrees when I left to go walking today +1cent and 6900 steps.
    A couple of songs I listened to at the end of the Richard Diamond shows While I was walking :)
    I Said My Pajamas (And Put On My Pray'rs) - Tony Martin & Fran Warren
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILLRb-pihNA
    I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts (Merv Griffin)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf670orHKcA

Have a Nice Upcoming Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/16/2016 100%

Hi
    With the weather forecast for rain starting later today into tomorrow I decided to pick up my fruit today while the weather is good + 9200 steps. I picked up 4 apples, 3 Jazz and 1 granny Smith, As well as 3 Yogurts at 3 for $1.99, A new brand to me so if I like them I can pick up more Thursday :)
    it was in the 50s when I started out with no discernible breeze.

I went to listen to a "Richard Diamond" Radio Show while walking, It turned out to be a episode of "The Green Hornet" radio show. Enjoyable too.

BTW many of the Richard Diamond shows were written by Blake Edwards of the Pink Pather Movie Series.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/17/2016 100%

Hi
    Yesterdays rain was a fizzle in my area, at some point in the afternoon it rained just enough to get the street wet except under the trees where it stayed dry.

The temperature outside was OK while walking, 7900 steps.

From here if anyone is interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll
    Pork roll (regionally known as Taylor Ham)[1][2] is a pork-based processed meat originating and commonly available in New Jersey, Delaware and parts of Pennsylvania and Maryland. It was developed in 1856[3] by John Taylor of Trenton, New Jersey, and sold as "Taylor Ham". Other producers entered the market, and subsequent food labeling regulations required Taylor to designate it as a "pork roll" alongside their competitors.

And
    John Taylor is credited with creating his secret recipe for the product in 1856. George Washington Case, a farmer and butcher from nearby Belle Mead, New Jersey, created his own recipe for pork roll in 1870.

And
    Taylor and Trenton are the brand names for pork roll made by Taylor Provisions,[5] of Trenton, New Jersey. Other companies making pork roll include crosstown rivals Case Pork Roll Company[6] and Loeffler's Gourmet,[7] as well as Hatfield Quality Meats of Hatfield, Pennsylvania, and Alderfer Premium Meats[8] of Harleysville, Pennsylvania.

Since Trenton is the state Capital I guess You could say it is a NJ product, Missed by NJ expatriates. For example my Brother shipped out a 2 pound roll that we froze and vacuum sealed first. Destination a friend that now lives out in the Midwest who can not get it there. next up as soon as we get the new ship to address for a family member that moved to the west coast is the other 2 pounder.

We know they will both be happy to get them too from conversations.
    The Pork Roll Egg and Cheese on a Hard Roll as well as being listed as a side meat for breakfast platters are on breakfast menus around here. What You see is a choice of meats Bacon, Pork Roll, Ham or Sausage. Usually the Pork Roll and Cheese on a hard roll are available all day. I often carried one for lunch at work, They worked both heated up in the Microwave and Room Temperature.

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/18/2016 100%

Hi
    I was out walking earlier, 3 stops during the walk + 8200 steps.
    Now after trip to the lumber yard to price items I am up to 9200 steps :)
    Today's weather has started out nice and is supposed to be in the 70s for a high.

I'm not saying I'm less than impressed by the News out of the New York TV stations however, When they call the image below a Bulldozer............. ??
    YHXroJ.jpg
    However to me this is a Bulldozer not the Excavator shown above :)
    7vt3PM.jpg

Currently I am running a file recovery program on a external drive from my Brother, It got corrupted by a power outage, That is the likely cause anyway. The Deep Scan portion took from Noon to almost 7AM. Now it is recovering to a different external drive and then I'll try and see if I can fix the old drive. Currently Windows thinks it needs to be formatted and will not run chkdsk on it.

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/19/2016 100%

Hi
    7200 steps and 1 Cent today. The Weather is warming up already too. I picked up some Blackberries at $0.99 and some Cherries and two Bananas since the weather is warming up.
    Before I left I turned off the heat as it was running and today is supposed to be in the mid 70s, We should not need it and may even be done with the heat until fall :)

Yesterday I got my Brothers Hard Drive repaired, then I came up to this computer and son of a gun, My External drive here has a problem too, great!

So I know what I will be doing later on. I doubt the drive is bad, just not showing as partitioned and formatted :(

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/20/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    8700 steps + 1 cent from walking this morning. The weather is cooler today and clouded over with some rain in the forecast. The rain is forecast to start in South NJ and move into my area in the afternoon. I can't complain as we are still under where we should be for rain this year.

My Patio is being invaded by Tent Caterpillars. I have to keep killing them off of the Apple trees we planted, before I noticed them they decimated several of the leafs on them. They keep trying to cocoon up under the overhang around the back door and along the door as well as the same thing on the Shed. Not to mention around the outside back door trim and the bottom of the siding. The newly planted apple trees seem to be where they head for a snack, they do not seem to be bothering the Raspberry plants or the Blackberry plant.

Garden report, considering that they were planted this year, I was surprised to see blossoms on the Apple trees and what appear to be flower buds on some of the Raspberry plants.
    We now have pulled some of the larger radishes this morning to thin out the row. Size from 3/4" to 1". Nice and crispy and not hot like they get later in the year. One of the two Rhubarb plants has pushed leafs above the surface and my brother thinks the Jerusalem Artichokes pictured below are coming up. They are planted in the raised bed in the front growing area on each side of the porch. I pictured them just in case.
    HL6CLD.jpgTcuD2b.jpg

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options

05/21/2016 Not 100%

Hi
    I stopped for Coffee on the outbound leg at 7-Eleven and McDonalds for a Large Decaf and the Dollar Store for a Quart of 1% Milk to keep a decent amount of it on the Pantry shelf on the inbound leg + 8500 steps. I'm pretty sure I can use up the milk on cereal before it expires on April 11, 2017 :)

The Weather was in the Mid to upper 50s when I went out to start my walk, The Rain has passed for now and things are drying out.

My Brother picked up some Insecticidal Soap yesterday and it works pretty good on the Tent Caterpillars.

Have a Really Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • CanyonDweller
    CanyonDweller Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hey RogerToo,
    Is there a new challenge starting. I've been away so long, I will have to relearn to navigate and learn any new changes. Glad to see you on here.
    Linda Kay
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2016
    Options

05/22/2016 100%

Hi
    I dropped off a home made Banana Chocolate/Chocolate Chip/Walnut Loaf while I was walking. My brothers idea to get rid of that temptation :)
    9100 Steps and 11 Cents. Today's weather is beautiful and since I was wearing my backpack I stopped at the grocery store for 4 Bananas, 3 types of Apples and a Green Pear.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
    Hey RogerToo,
    Is there a new challenge starting. I've been away so long, I will have to relearn to navigate and learn any new changes. Glad to see you on here.
    Linda Kay

Hi Linda Kay
    Yes I will be doing one, I just did not finish posting it yet. Look here for a link to where it is going. Today is actually the first day of it. The first post will go in the new link for today's results tomorrow.

If You Look here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10396486/100-challenge-mon-5-23-to-sun-7-03-join-anytime?new=1