Can anyone suggest a book for a Keto newbie?

Options
Treysar
Treysar Posts: 34 Member
I learn better by book. I want to start Keto but I'm having a hard time grasping the macro/counting
thing. I have been successful with Dukan mostly because I don't have to pay close attention or track.
Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

Replies

• KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    For learning about the basics of keto, I think the online resources are best. Have you visited Ruled.me or dietdoctor.com? Those are two favs for me, but there are so much more. www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com, http://www.eatlowcarbhighfat.com...etc.

Most books that focused on keto specifically seem to be about recipes, which are good too! However, there are also a lot of best selling books that don't use the word keto but are pretty much the same, encouraging you drop the 'bad' carbs, up the good fats, and ignore the old advice of low-fat eating. Books I have read include: Almost Hungry, Wheat Belly, Grain Brain, Eat Fat Get Thin, The Wild Diet, Living Low Carb, The Big Fat surprised, Why We Get Fat...etc.

• Kellryn
    Kellryn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to this, so most of my research was done on-line like the poster above suggested. I did buy and like "Keto Clarity" by Jimmy Moore. It was an easy read. I also bought "The Atkins Essensials" It wasn't nearly as ^fun^ to read, but I think I got more info out of it then "Keto Clarity". The launchpad in this group has some book suggestions, I just haven't gotten to them yet, so can't recommend any yet.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    "The Rosedale Diet" - Dr. Ron Rosedale is excellent, and a book that many other books refer to. :)
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Atkins books, and a good website called Keto-Calculator - that is REALLY helpful. It takes your height weight and activity and gives you percentages of carbs fat and protein needed etc..
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I'm like you, I like to read a book before doing something! I read Keto Clarity by Jimmy Moore. It's easy to read, but full of information. I didn't do all he recommended, it took a long while before I wanted to drop meals, but it was a great introduction and having been keto on and off for 15 months, I feel now that it is mostly spot on.