Weekly Weigh-In April 10-16

Options

Replies

• Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    @Eninad - I'm with ya. I'm back up over 200 and fighting to get back down. I'm super happy your health is good! And I'm sorry to hear about your walking buddy; nothing's worse than spending 8 hours a day trying to be productive with that kind of tension. {{hugs}}
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    SW 189.4
    CW 188.4
    GW 169.4

4/1 - 188.4
    4/11- 186.4
    4/18- 186.0
    4/25- 186.6  :o
    5/2 - 186.0
    5/9 - 187.6 :s

Wow, when you actually see these numbers every week it makes you think!! Up this week 1.6
    pounds and yesterday's Mothers Day buffet didn't help with desserts. Good all week then
    one day you eat different and bam! the scale is up. Since I am weighing on Monday' it really
    makes me think about the weekends now. Well I am healthy and moving and won my first
    Fitbit workweek hustle and I am grateful for all I have. This too shall pass. I am with you
    Eninad we can do this !!

Shirley

• vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    115.4 - lost another lb. happy where I am. Now to stay there.
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So grateful for the support as I am still struggling. I fought so hard to lose the first time, but I felt I had the lifestyle down. I hate feeling like I'm slowly sliding uphill and slipping into poor habits. I know the negativity at work has added cortisol and I've let myself be lax with food options and light with exercise, it is all compounding to be a dreadful cycle. I resumed zumba and am refocusing dietarily. I have breakfast and lunch tight, but dinners and weekends are bad again, I'm undoing my best work with those. I have blood draws on Thursday, which should show good health and I'm not quitting, just need to go back over the lessons learned last year and stay focused, re commit and earn back the ground lost.
  • edellaratta
    edellaratta Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to most of your post Eninad! Really need to refocus and recommit!!
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi there,

enidad, i read your post. i totally understand where you are coming from but don't let the negative emotions win!! you can do this and we feel so much better when we make good choices and eat good food. just need to get your head back in the game, that is where all the control is! not your mouth:) i know you can do this and everyone else. weather getting warm, let's take care of ourselves.

Stephanie
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    @Eninad We've got this!! It sucks getting on the scale and feeling like all your hard work was for nothing, but it wasn't! You know how to do this, and I know you've got this!! Don't beat yourself up over the lost time; congratulate yourself on getting back on that pony!
  • Eninad
    Options
    I remember my first time doing the Zumba cd, it has four 5 minute segments and I thought I was going to keel over from exhaustion. Today, while it was impactful I heard the instructor saying, "Okay now this is the last segment , you can do it"....and thinking, "Oh wow, we are at the end already?!" So yea for the fitness level still being inside me!

Weigh in today was 210. Fasting tonight for the
    labs tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement, friends.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Eninad wrote: »
    I remember my first time doing the Zumba cd, it has four 5 minute segments and I thought I was going to keel over from exhaustion. Today, while it was impactful I heard the instructor saying, "Okay now this is the last segment , you can do it"....and thinking, "Oh wow, we are at the end already?!" So yea for the fitness level still being inside me!

Weigh in today was 210. Fasting tonight for the
    labs tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement, friends.

Atta'girl!! It's ALL still inside you; you just have to bring it to the surface!
  • yesIcan155
    yesIcan155 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Eninad wrote: »
    I have breakfast and lunch tight, but dinners and weekends are bad again, I'm undoing my best work with those.
    This is my problem exactly. I start celebrating the end of the week Friday and I don't stop until Sunday. I have to find a way to get out of this pattern because I am not making the progress that I want to.

Jessica
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    SW 189.4
    CW 188.4
    GW 169.4

4/1 - 188.4
    4/11- 186.4
    4/18- 186.0
    4/25- 186.6   :o
    5/2 - 186.0
    5/9 - 187.6  :s
    5/16-186.6

Weigh in day for me is Monday so my weekends are more accountable and mindful of what I eat.
    We were away for the weekend visiting friends, and my friend baked and made new recipes for us.
    It was difficult resisting but I did manage to lose one pound. Yay!

• vicky1947mfp
    Options
    115.0 this morning. I have lost 14 lbs since last May 31.

But going on a 6 day trip starting tomorrow. I have lost a couple extra in anticipation of that. Losing weight before a trip! What a concept. ;)
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    115.0 this morning. I have lost another 14 lbs since last May 31.
  • edellaratta
    Options
    115.0 this morning. I have lost another 14 lbs since last May 31.

Great job!! Such an inspiration!
  • vicky1947mfp
    Options
    @edellaratta - Tks. We all know it is a struggle some days. But I try to keep hanging in there.

Headed on vacation for six days tomorrow. So I am going to indulge a little. But will get right back to it next Tuesday.
  • edellaratta
    Options
    @edellaratta - Tks. We all know it is a struggle some days. But I try to keep hanging in there.

Headed on vacation for six days tomorrow. So I am going to indulge a little. But will get right back to it next Tuesday.

Enjoy your vacation!!
  • edellaratta
    Options
    Sw this 155.6
    Gw this 140
    Ultimate gw 125

3/30 154.1
    4/26 153.4
    5/19 153.4

Still struggling with the eating...

Evelyn
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    So I finally dropped a pound this week!!!!!!!!!!

MFP starting weight was 295
    Challenge starting was 258
    Current weight now is 252!!!!!!!!!

Esther
  • Eninad
    Options
    Eninad report:
    I got labs back and the way they read to me crushed my spirit, as I was certain they would be wonderful, but there were bold letter H near the cholesterols and the numbers were higher than the desired numbers. Trudging into the drs office heavier than I wanted to be (not 180) with lab numbers I didn't like was so sad. However, I have the kindest Dr. He let me express how I felt about it all then laid out some facts. The facts I didn't have were the blood tests before I lost 40 pounds for comparison.
    In comparison, these are great numbers. My triglycerides went from near 400 to 198. My hdl is 50 which is higher. My ratio is 5.3, not where I want it but is lower than it was. My blood pressure while still not where we want it is much lower. He says keep focusing hard on the food and exercise and retest in 3 months. If the HDL and Triglycerides are even better he'll know I'm progressing, if not I may have reached the best I can do without medicine. He was pleased with my work and I left in better spirits.
    Unfortunately, I'm going to have to eat more oatmeal and do more exercise, but that's way better than the alternatives, right?
    Weight is the 208-211, still working on it. Back to my green tea...

Hang in there everybody. I'm reading along.