Recipe central

Options
ressapowell
ressapowell Posts: 35 Member
Lets post some new recipes to share with out fellow meal preppers. Even if you don't prep them new recipes are always fun. GO!

Replies

• ressapowell
    Options
    Last night I ended up making myself shrimp with a new recipe.

10 medium size frozen shrimp thawed in cold water for 20 minutes
    2 tsp olive oil in pan
    Mix thawed shrimp in bowl with
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1/2tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp paprika
    1/2 cayenne pepper
    Grill for about 5-10 minutes and top with chopped cilantro
  • ressapowell
    Options
    Healthy enchiladas

2 chicken breasts shredded
    Hatch verde enchilada sauce 4 tbspn
    Pico de gillo 4 tbspn
    Corn tortillas
    Salsa

Preheat oven to 350
    I like to mix the pico, 2 tbspn of the enchilada sauce and chicken in a bowl. Roll the enchiladas and too it with salsa and the other 2 tbspn of sauce. Cover with foil and cook for around 30 minutes. You can also put these over a bed of black beans before cooking as they are a great source of fiber.
  • ressapowell
    Options
    I decided I really wanted a bacon cheeseburger today so yesterday I thawed out 1 lb of ground turkey meat that I am going to cook on the george foreman grill, though bbq is preferable. With turkey bacon. I am going to season it with some mesquite seasoning and a tspn of sweet baby ray bbq sauce. I will be using veggies of course and whole wheat bread. I only wish I hadn't forgot tonpuck up some red potatoes so I could slice them and cook them in the oven to make baked chips.
  • ressapowell
    Options
    My favorite meals include mexican and breakfast food. So I love making breakfast enchiladas with egg whites, corn tortillas, turkey bacon and all kinds of veggies topped off with salsa. Not a prep meal but healthy and delicious just the same.
  • ressapowell
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This meal contains roughly 200 calories
    So I gained 5 lbs but I am 80% sure it is muscle. Just the same I am cutting out bread and torillas again for awhile.
    That being said here is my healthy tortilla free fajita recipe.
    Grilled chicken breast that I thaw out in a bowl on cold water and preseason with fajita seasoning 2 tbspn 24 hours in advance for juice and flavor
    Baked with 2 tsp olive oil bell peppers and onions
    Homemade pico with fresh sqeezed lime juice
    Salsa
    Whole romain lettuce leaves lightly grilled after the chicken gor flavor
    2 tbspn hatches green enchilada sauce
    Cilantro
    Black beans (dry) that I cook in the crock pot and season with mrs dash garlic, cilantro and green onions

I use the lettuce in place of a tortilla and fill them with all the above ingredients then lightly drizzle the hatches sauce and cilantro to top it off.