saying good bye...

Options
I am super stoked about my weight loss. But I didnt expect for my boobs to shrink as much as they have. I had to buy smaller bras twice!! I am down to a 34DD. I started at a 36DD then went to a 34DDD but that wasnt the end. I broke down today and went through all my bras. I have 15 bras that I can no longer wear. I do not plan on losing much more so I am hoping they arent going to shrink anymore. I have these bras that I only wear around thee house. Oh my goodness they are so big on me now. I guess I should have expected this.

Replies

• BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    When I first began my journey I was a 42G now I am 36dd.
  • wishfullthinking79
    wishfullthinking79 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Yeah that is a big decrease. When I was pregnant with my son I was up there in a F or G. My boobs were huge. OMG I hated it. I have always had big boobs. I was teased when I was younger. I was the first to have any. Everyone swore I stuffed my bra. Its just now that they are shrinking like they are they are getting lifeless.
  • AnneCoolbreze
    AnneCoolbreze Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm on the other side of this story. At my heaviest I bought 36C. (Probably not the right size.) Now I measure at 34A/32B close to moving down to 32A/30B. At some point I might be shopping for training bras again! :blush:
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    15 bras? I think I max out at 4 bras in my home at any given time... including one exercise bra.
    Although now that I have discovered padded work out bras, I may never return to underwire again.

I've always had smaller-end breasts. I have found they have shrunk less with current WOE compared to standard low calorie so that is nice.

I think I am in the 32B or 30C range.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I went from 36B to a 34C. I get that they are 'sister sizes' but the smaller band really helps with the fit.

It's not a huge difference but when you weren't very big to begin with, it sucks!

hs5xlfkv24ja.jpg
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I started as 36B. The bands are too loose now. But I can kind of make them work by using the middle set of hooks instead of the outer ones. Not ideal but, I have 20 pounds left to go and I expect to see some more changes (not so much in the band size as I have always carried my weight lower) so I don't want to go buy bras now and then have to buy them again in a couple of months. I have like 15 or 20 bras, about 8 of which were just purchased over Black Friday. I will be sad to see them go when they are still in good shape but if they don't fit, they don't fit. And clothes that don't fit, don't look good (I write this as I am wearing a shirt and pants that are about 2 sizes too big because I also don't want to buy new clothes twice...).
  • kat00_ca
    kat00_ca Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    15?? Omg, I have 3 regular bras and 3 sports bras at any given time.

I have experienced some loss in the girls but more back fat than anything else. Look at it this way, smaller boobs=less getting in the way!
  • Working2BBetter
    Working2BBetter Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I'm back to being a comfortable 34C. I'm ok with it. Better than being bigger everywhere else too...
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    this is wha tI am afraid of as I lose more weight. my boobs are already lifeless and heading south. luckily according to my last mamo, the doc says my breast tissue is very dense with little fat so mabee I wont lose much? but it you are smaller everywhere else mabee it makes them seem the same proportionately? too bad there arent ant realy good natural methods to lift and firm them though.
  • wishfullthinking79
    Options
    I did not realize I had that many until I went through them. It is not always finding 36 DD or 34DD unless you go to a high end store. SO when I found them I bought them. Especially if they fit well. I would buy one in every color. I do not have a washer and dryer at my apartment so we have to go to the laundry mat. A lot of them I would wash and just not dry. My VS bras I definitely do not wash them in the washer. Hand wash them. And at the moment I only have 3 but I have ordered more.

My mom is the only other person in my family that even had boobs bigger than an A cup. SHe eventualy got hers reduced and lifted. I would like to get my lifted for sure. My aunt is always picking these tops for me.. I am like I cant wear that. my boobs are reall. She wears a bra that is 2 sizes too small.. But she can do that.

I think that this is definitely the downside to losing weight.
  • mkozmik
    mkozmik Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I went from 36C to 34D. I needed a smaller band. LOL Wish I could have the same impact on the belly fat! ;-)
  • wishfullthinking79
    Options
    mkozmik wrote: »
    I went from 36C to 34D. I needed a smaller band. LOL Wish I could have the same impact on the belly fat! ;-)

You and I both. It is getting much flatter but there is still that little bit. I will never have the stomach I want.