Share what your fast days are like... Food/feelings

Options
lakemouse
lakemouse Posts: 12 Member
Breakfast: 1 slice bacon (70 cals),
lunch : 1/2 can Campbell's chicken noodle soup with water (90 cals) and steamed broccoli with lemon (30 cals),
dinner: 2 cups lettus (30 cals) and 2 oz canned salmon (90 cals) and 1/2 cup chickpeas (100 cals) and lemon and salt and pepper over all.

Then if I need a snack during the day or just before bed I can have a cup of chicken or beef broth 15 cals)! It worked great last time. I felt good and not hungry. I did get the urge to snack just before bedtime, not because I was hungry but because it habit! I'm hoping to break that habit!!

Replies

• raverhayley
    raverhayley Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Typical fast day for me
    Breakfast- banana and green tea
    Lunch- egg white omelette and peppermint tea
    Dinner smoked haddock/cod fillet with broccoli cauliflower cabbage and swede :)
    Plus plenty of water and 1cal teas through the day
  • ChookyVW
    ChookyVW Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am only on my second day attempting 500 Cal's. Sunday was my first day, and I got hungry in the afternoon. I think because I didn't plan well. I had coffee with sugar, carrot and orange juice, protein shake, broccoli and tofu salad, mixed berries and low fat plain yogurt, then kale and mango salad. I was supposed to just have 30g tuna but I had a whole fillet. Ended up eating 640cal
  • SJacobs2016
    SJacobs2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It’s only day 1 for me and feeling a little hungry 😋
  • SusanElizabethSharpe53
    Options
    Just started! 2 thin slices of toast, marmite and a slither of butter plus coffee and milk - 194 calories. Home made broth (onion, celery, mushroom, pepper and tomato another 100. Planning chicken curry with sweet potato which will take me to 519 calories in all but I think that’s ok. Hopefully won’t cave in!
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi folks,
    On fast days I try not to eat through the day. I find it easier to wait and then have a reasonable dinner with my family. I drink plenty of water and also have tea and coffee. Of course sometimes it doesn't work like that 🙁.
    I'm convinced of the health benefits of this and am really trying to stick to 2 FDs a week.
    Good luck to everyone.......