What's for breakfast?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Arwen1218
    Arwen1218 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my fav meal of the day so I tend to have a larger breakfast. I don't have a regular menu but I always incorporate about a cup of fresh fruit, protein (egg, almond butter), and fiber of some kind. Every now and then I splurge a bit and make a homemade waffle or pancakes..usually on the weekend. I'm a big cereal person but I usually leave that for my evening snack when I'm craving something sweet.
  • SaraRodrigue
    SaraRodrigue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do overnight oats. You can make multiple batches so you can grab them quick in the morning. I oversleep and am chronically late, so I don't get fancy. If my boyfriend stays over, then it's eggs and grits (not made by me). Weekends are the splurge. Omelets, pancakes, or breakfast tacos and always with a mimosa or bloody mary.
  • Arwen1218
    Arwen1218 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I do overnight oats. You can make multiple batches so you can grab them quick in the morning. I oversleep and am chronically late, so I don't get fancy. If my boyfriend stays over, then it's eggs and grits (not made by me). Weekends are the splurge. Omelets, pancakes, or breakfast tacos and always with a mimosa or bloody mary.

I've seen lots of recipes for overnight oats but have been reluctant to try them. Are they pretty good? Do you have a go to recipe or a fav?
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Nothing too special.... made an egg with banana pepper, some toast with peanut butter, some warmed up deli ham, and my morning cup of coffee. Always a goto breakfast for me.
  • casualtygap
    casualtygap Posts: 6 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Breakfast this morning was: Cut up smoked sausage with kale cooked in a bit of butter and seasonings until just starting to soften, then eggs cracked over top, with a bit of parmesan melted over it all. I make this pretty regularly, even though the meats (and seasonings) change depending on what we have. It looks fancy, but is super simple and very little cleanup or prep (very good thing in the morning!) It's quickly become one of our favorite breakfasts!

edit: Oops, new here and didn't even look at the date of the last post...
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    @casualtygap Ahh well, it's a good post. :wink:
    My last few days I've ad Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal