high cholesterol

Options
HornedFrogPride
HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
Howdy, My name is Jeremy and I am 44. I am a serious runner and just learned that I have high-cholesterol. Any advice on reducing LDL (bad) cholesterol? trying some new vegan foods and new meals (kale smoothies). Anyone else going through this that would care to share some helpful advice or suggestions, i would greatly appreciate it. Also, any reading material on this topic too. I don't eat meat 2 days/week so I've already made that change. Thanks. -jeremy

Replies

• krishamisha
    krishamisha Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeremy

There is a book on Amazon called Cholesterol Down. It has a list of things to do/eat daily to reduce cholesterol eg. eat an Apple, some Almonds, Lentils, Walking etc. There is about 10 or 12 things and alot of reader comments saying it worked for them.

Also if you are a coffee drinker google coffee and cholesterol. I have read that cafestol & another chemical in coffee (not caffeine) that do something to the liver that results in high cholesterol, if you drink coffee it could be worth further research. The good news is paper filters absorb the chemical so you can still drink drip filtered coffee.

Hope thats all of use.
    Cheers!
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'll add that book to my GoodReads reading list, thanks. Doing lots of reading about this problem. Yes, I am a coffee drinker too so I will check out that connection. All the coffee I drink is drip-filtered, though. Anyway, that's interesting, I've never heard of there being a connection like that. Thanks much. I appreciate it.