tricks to reach calorie goal

Options
I am searching for tips that will help me reach my calorie goal of 1200. I have a hard time eating a lot. So I was hoping some of you have healthy tips? what are your thoughts on flax seed oil??? I know its good for you, I was thinking that since its high calorie I could use it to fill my calorie gap? does anyone have a less expensive suggestion?

Replies

• jannemarie74
    jannemarie74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    the easiest way to fill a calorie goal if you struggle, is to eat (and drink) slightly higher fat content foods than 0%. eg, semi skimmed milk instead of skimmed milk, higher fat yogurt instead of low or zero fat. oily fish, is more red meat an option? or seeded, wholemeal bread? i'm sure there are lots of other suggestions and more people will come along with more advice, good luck and enjoy. oh yes what about nuts and seeds?
  • aliciamhosein
    Options
    red meat is not an option, have not been able to eat it ever since my gallbladder was removed it makes me sick. but I will try the other stuff.
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have no problem increasing my calories using fruits, nuts, cream, and honey especially. Anything calorically dense will add significantly to your calories. Try using more salad dressing, butter/oil during cooking, and increasing meat portions.
  • toomanycats75
    Options
    Fats are the most calorie dense foods, so I would look for foods high in healthy fat like nuts, seeds, and grass fed dairy.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating enough protein and get some healthy fats. That will send your calories right up there. I too, am missing my gall bladder and have to be careful. Mine is mostly fats. I can have lean beef, but get me near some butter and my ghost bladder starts quivering.
  • aliciamhosein
    Options
    I am always about 20-30 grams above my protein goal. I eat a lot of veggies/lean meats.
  • aliciamhosein
    Options
    I will try out these suggestions! thanks guys I appreciate it.