Changing tastes

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
So i noticed that lately my tastes have changed a lot, im not sure if its age, Lifeystyle, or the meds that i take now. But i have noticed so many things dont appeal to me anymore
Donuts, used to eat 3 at a time, cant finish 1 now Ketchup, tastes so bitter and broccoli tastes like dirt! Its frustrating, i mean the donuts is good but broccoli is so good to eat
Time to explore new foods, anyone else struggling with this

Replies

• misvic88
    misvic88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i definitely crave different things.. cottage cheese, almond milk, 2 things i never ate before.. still crave sweets in the morning.. struggle with that
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My favorite food...mexican food. Can't eat it much anymore. Not since my surgery. Really crave it...like...a LOT! lol
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Misvic, when i see people eating cottage cheese i think yum, then i try and put it in my mouth and cant, unless its cooked into something

Mmmmm mexican

I think i may be also losing my taste for rice! :neutral:
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Medications can have a huge impact on food taste. Especially Metformin, or so I'm told. The only medication I have is an Albuteral inhaler so no issues here. Unfortunately most all food tastes good to me, lol. Hence the problem :D
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Oh metformin was awful for me i was so sick on it always!

I think its good i am loosing some tastes i dont want lots of foods now
  • UG77
    UG77 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that since I have stopped eating fast food completely I can taste more. Foods that were bland before are not. Since I don't salt anything now I can taste the natural sodium in the food. Imagine my surprise when I bit into a tomato and it was already salty. All that time I have been salting them for no reason.

Also, grease, fast food, makes me sick to my stomach. There's a hamburger place right next to the gym I go to in the afternoons and the smell is horrible. I can't believe it ever smelled good.
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Since I have reduced carbs and sugars, I can taste the sugar they put in the fast food hamburgers. When I ate one a couple of weeks ago, all I tasted was the sugar and not the flavor of the meat.

This week I had a craving for green foods so I fixed a head of cabbage shredded with shredded apples, lime juice.
  • Deem114
    Deem114 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Now those are changes in tastes I look forward to! :) I will say that once I completely detoxed off sugar, I actually have no cravings whatsoever for anything sweet. I can have cookies, candy, cake, all of that surrounding me and not even a twinge of hunger or feelings of deprivation. Then again, I've had enough of those things to last me a couple of lifetimes!
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to get off the sugar...i drink a lot of sweet tea. I drank only water for a while but went right back to the sweet tea. The soda I can do without. Once in a while I will have one with my meal but I really don't care for it anymore. At least that's one good thing that has come out of my "journey"....
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Bevkidd, can you get unsweetened tea and then sweeten it yourself? That way you can control the amount of sweet?