Optimal Ketogenic Living!

Options
mora982
mora982 Posts: 169 Member
Anyone following OKL, it's basically higher protein and less fat than KETO. I need to know more about it and how it's working for you!!

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    link?
  • MDAPebbles67
    MDAPebbles67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    They have a strong Facebook group. Did you ask to join? They would probably have the answers you seek.

They are not necessarily lower fat than Keto in general, but they recommend eating at the lower end of your range for weight loss.

Sample Recommendations for Me, 5'10" Female 112 grams protein minimum, 28 grams of carb max, and a fat range of 84-179 grams.

I am not measuring that strictly so I am not following their plan, but I imagine that I usually fall within those macros when on keto anyway. I have never tried to eat only 84 grams of fat. My normal is about 140.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I've never heard of this (not surprising, but there ya go).
  • mora982
    Options
    They have a strong Facebook group. Did you ask to join? They would probably have the answers you seek.

They are not necessarily lower fat than Keto in general, but they recommend eating at the lower end of your range for weight loss.

Sample Recommendations for Me, 5'10" Female 112 grams protein minimum, 28 grams of carb max, and a fat range of 84-179 grams.

I am not measuring that strictly so I am not following their plan, but I imagine that I usually fall within those macros when on keto anyway. I have never tried to eat only 84 grams of fat. My normal is about 140.

@MDAPebbles67 How much do you need to lose and how is it going so far with higher protein!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Is this similar to the Dukan diet? I can't remember the macro range..
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Is this similar to the Dukan diet? I can't remember the macro range..

I did Dukan in the past. It would be lower fat. My carbs would vary between Pure Protein days and Protein/Veggie days but especially on PV days they were a good bit higher than what was listed.
  • MDAPebbles67
    MDAPebbles67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I need to repeat that while I have looked into this, I haven't been following it.

OKL is simply another take on keto. The plan is a little more specific about fats to fight the "eat as much fat as you want" keto mantra. The theory is that your body should burn body fat rather than dietary fat if you somewhat limit ingested fat. They also get into recommended supplements and other things in the FB group

The protein rec doesn't seem so high. I always eat around 100 grams of protein anyway. Most recs say I should eat around 135 which is my LBM, but I rarely get that high.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I did something like that for awhile. It didn't seem to make much difference as far as weight loss for me.

So if you feel like eating a little more protein and a little less fat would make keto more sustainable for you, why not try.
  • mora982
    Options
    Thank you all. I tend to lose better on higher protein and lower fat. I'm going to try it for a while and see. I'm also doing Carb Night every week!!