No water loss on keto diet?

Options
solska
solska Posts: 348 Member
Hi,

Does anyone experience no water loss during the first couple of weeks of the keto diet? If the strips are accurate, I've been on ketosis for most of that time. And according to my new scale almost all of that is from fat or muscle a bit but close to none from water. I do take Himalayan salt during the day for electrolytes but still confused about this. Thoughts?

Replies

• Liliesatdaybreak
    Liliesatdaybreak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off low-carb diets many times, and I almost never experience much water loss. Massive pounds dropped at the front (due to the water loss) has never been my experience. I have been attributing it to the fact that my "normal" diet is moderate-carb to begin with, but I might be this way "just because" - and so could you! I'm glad to hear from someone else who experiences this as well.

BTW - I love that lily. It's my favorite. They smell AMAZING. I plan to buy myself a bouquet of them to treat myself once I've been on keto for a month.
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Haha, thanks. :) I get them from Trader Joe's and it's amazing to see them open. They last a long while too! So totally worth the few dollars. And yes, they smell amazing.

The water loss thing I guess matters when we try to stay motivated in the beginning... though it seems since with my last two-three days off and full moon I put water weight on, a few pounds shift. I guess I was hoping for many just to get motivated. The new scale seems to be totally right though.

And they seem deleted now but someone asked here which scale I used, I got this about a month ago and it really is awesome and didn't cost that much. I read a thousand reviews and tested it repeatedly. Very happy with it: http://goo.gl/aOK2bi
    I have to say it helps a lot to see where changes happen even if they may not be completely accurate they are consistent.

Before I had this one http://amzn.to/1VWDc2D and it was such a hassle to use it every time and wasn't really super accurate, when the numbers started disappearing from display (they would come back when you heat the display with a hair dryer) it was an excuse to get a new one.