Eat the same thing most days!

Options
Jenlybean
Jenlybean Posts: 8 Member
I have been on HcG, Jenny C., Weight W, Atkins, South B, all are doable, but none sustainable for me. I have lost 3 lbs. in four days, mainly because of my eating habits. I've never tried this but, on one of those 'Dr.' shows, something resonated, why am I eating a billion different things, and spending my life in the kitchen, my battle ground? So, I've eaten a cup of blueberries for breakfast everyday, a lean microwave lunch, and eat a salad, full fat dressing, vegetable and snack on wine, goat cheese, and unsalted potato chips. I do keep within my calories, walk and drink the water! I stay out of the kitchen as much as I can. I would love to know what you're eating! No turning back! :-)

Replies

• cynthiapick
    cynthiapick Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello Jenlybean,
    I am pleased to welcome you to the group, and I hope that we can be supportive to you. In response to your message, I generaaly eat normal foods. I certainly do not go out and buy diet foods. I am very lucky in the way that my Husband does a lot of my cooking for me, but I insist on cooking Sunday lunch.
    I eat a lot of porridge for breakfast, mostly I have a ham toastie, omelette, bacon butty for lunch. My evening meal is my main meal and we eat anything from chicken, pasta, beef, mince but always a cooked meal.
    I usually finish off with some fruit and a little ice cream.
    BUt, I now really watch my portions to the ounce, I even bought a smaller plate. Then I must log everything I eat and drnk.
    In addition to this I am exercising more than I have ever done for years, usually swimming and walking.
    I hope that this has been of some help, keep at it and keep in touch
    Cynthia
  • monartlady
    monartlady Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi, I've tried a good few of the named diets over the years too, but yet here I am again. Firstly, regarding the kitchen, I don't really consider it a battle ground. I look at it as the place where all my family come together. It's a meeting ground. We all eat around the table every evening, and enjoy the chat and the banter. Regarding the food, I am such a creature of habit. I have porridge every morning with full fat milk topped with blueberries or fresh strawberries when i can get my hands on them. At lunch time in work, I'd have a boiled egg with a tomato. Some of the girls in work have hens at home, so there's always extra eggs! All free range too. Evening time then would be salmon, chicken, steak, with steamed veg if possible.
    Try to plan out your meals for the next 2-3 days, and make sure you have the ingredients in the house.
    I work 4 days a week, so straight after work I head to the gym for about an hour. Then maybe 1 or 2 nights or mornings during the week, I'll spend 20-25 mins on the treadmill at home.
    Why not look through some of the food diary's of your friends, if they've made them public. It might also give you ideas.
    Hope this has been of some help to you.
  • monartlady
    monartlady Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi, I've tried a good few of the named diets over the years too, but yet here I am again. Firstly, regarding the kitchen, I don't really consider it a battle ground. I look at it as the place where all my family come together. It's a meeting ground. We all eat around the table every evening, and enjoy the chat and the banter. Regarding the food, I am such a creature of habit. I have porridge every morning with full fat milk topped with blueberries or fresh strawberries when i can get my hands on them. At lunch time in work, I'd have a boiled egg with a tomato. Some of the girls in work have hens at home, so there's always extra eggs! All free range too. Evening time then would be salmon, chicken, steak, with steamed veg if possible.
    Try to plan out your meals for the next 2-3 days, and make sure you have the ingredients in the house.
    I work 4 days a week, so straight after work I head to the gym for about an hour. Then maybe 1 or 2 nights or mornings during the week, I'll spend 20-25 mins on the treadmill at home.
    Why not look through some of the food diary's of your friends, if they've made them public. It might also give you ideas.
    Hope this has been of some help to you.
    Trish
  • barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've also tried quite a few of the diets over the years, but could never get organised enough to sort out my pro-points and my syns and free foods! This just seems so much easier to track and I know if I overeat I have to make up for it my exercising more. It makes you take account for your actions.
    Foodwise...I'm basically a pescatarian/vegetarian. I eat a small amount of shellfish, but not fish or any meat and very few eggs.
    I do like trying new recipies, but have learnt from here to log in the calories first as things I used to think were healthy have turned into 600 calorie portions!
    I like savory versus sweet, so tend to eat something like toast with a savory topping like marmite, cheese, peanut butter for breakfast...avocado on toast is fantastic if you havent tried it! Lunch is normally left overs from the night before. I keep some Mug Shots in my desk draw in case I have nothing to take in. They are a quick fix lunch for only 166 cals. I also take in some healthy snacks...fruit, nuts, rice cakes, to keep me going till home time. Then at night I cook a meal, meat for the husband and a vegi alternative for me and my daughter if she doesnt like the meat version. I use Quorn and Morningstar (which is a US vegi-meat substitute), and if Im doing say taco's for my husband I just do vegi ones for us.
    Exercise... I was very fit up until a few years ago, so its been like starting out again. I normally go for a two mile walk every morning before work, as the weight is dropping Im trying to up it with some jogging but taking it slowly as I dont want any joint issues. At the weekend I try to go out for longer walks/jogs with my grandson in his buggy.
    I definitely find it helpful looking to see what others have in their diaries.

Barbara