Exercise

Options
I would love to know what everyone is doing for exercise. I am 5 months out from my RNY and I do full body strength training 3 days a week and walk/run/ride bike 3 days a week. I would love to do new things, and especially things that will help burn more Cal.

Replies

• cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I do classes Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and run/walk at least two more days during the week. Monday's class is TurboKick, a cardio kickboxing class. Tuesday is MuscleMax, a guided strength training class. Thursday is TurboFit, a combination of TurboKick and fit camp. For my run/walk days, I am currently doing the C210K program, so I typically run that day's C210K day and then walk out whatever is remaining of my normal course (which is about 6 miles).
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I have three weight routines chest/biceps, back/triceps, and legs. I rotate them throughout the week over 4 or 5 days. 4 for sure, the 5th day depends on what my trainer wants to do, sometimes he keeps my rotation, other times we work in his "pit" and he puts me through 30 minutes of his own little hell. lol

On those 5 days, I always start with a 10 minute warm up of either the elliptical (I loathe that machine) or the treadmill at an 8 incline, 3.4mph. When I'm done with weights, I hit either the treadmill or the stationary bike and keep my heart rate in a fat burning zone for 30 minutes, it usually takes a couple minutes to get there so I set the timer for 35 minutes and I rarely finish the full 5 minute cool down, I have a target heart rate for that too.

The other 2 days a week I do something, but not as strenuous, but something active. I also do core exercises at home daily.
  • BStruble2
    BStruble2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm just over a month out and just walking. Looking forward to meeting with the exercise physiologist next friday for my 6 week follow up!
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    My exercise has been irregular, at best. The longer days have meant that I am getting a bunch of outside things done; mostly car maintenance. Today will be my 3rd brake job in the last 2 weeks, and no, I'm not a professional mechanic. I do walk/run as much as possible, or at least hop on the bike for a few miles.
  • boncharlie
    boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am 6 months out from sleeve and I do about 2km swimming a week and daily walking. My knees are still suffering from being 350lbs plus for more than 20 years. Taking it slowly but it doesn't seem to be hindering weightloss :)
  • Autum1031
    Autum1031 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 5 months out from surgery. I have severe plantar fasciitis in my feet, which hasn't improved much since my surgery, sadly. I walk 30 min every day, my daily steps are around 7500-8,000, this seems to be the max I can do without being in excruciating pain. I also do non-impact deep water aerobics once a week, and I'm trying do some strength training and yoga but that has been erratic at best. I'm still doing very well with weight loss, with 71 pounds lost since surgery, and 101 since I started trying to get healthy. I'd like to do more strength training/toning at the gym but that's been tough to find the time.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I do cardio 5 or 6 times a week. I aim for at least 45 minutes, I prefer to do 60 minutes but it depends on how much time I have. I use the elliptical at the gym and I walk. This morning I walked at the beach near me where there are a lot of steep ramps to go up and down as I walk along the path, it was about 90 minutes, and 40 floors according to my FitBit. I also do yoga twice a week and strength training 3 times a week.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My cardio consist of 15-20 miles of interval training a week (speed walk/running). Either in the gym or outside if possible, followed by 30 minutes of strength training daily. I also attend a couple of body sculpting classes at the gym each week. On the weekends we hike or bike at least one day. Everything is twice as easy now that I am half my size!!! Keep it going - you got this!!