Ad Lib April -- Week 2 Check-in

Options
Dragonwolf
Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
Wow! We're halfway through already! How are you doing so far?

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I've been doing kind of a hybrid for week two. Some logging to try to get back on track a bit but not every day, completely or fastidiously.
    I weighed 131 on March 31, got up to 135, and am currently back to 133. (For maintenance I prefer to stay 129-132.)
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Chugging along. I like this no logging thing. I did Atkins 20 years ago in high school, and I never worried about calories (I also had a high school metabolism). Since I started to try to log on MFP, I became a little too obsessed with calories - and that is stressful! I wish I had had the information about how low carb is not going to kill me 20 years ago, to stand up to all the people who thought that it was, so I never would have abandoned it. Anyway, down 1 lb this week, 6 lbs for April.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Week 2 already?!?!
    Going great for me! I don't plan to start logging again after this month. I really think I've got the eat when hungry and only til satisfied thing down now!
  • shrenlee
    shrenlee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    kind of slowed a bit. w/i was 153.2 and 4/10 was 151.6 but finally got to a computer to install the script so I can participate. :)
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I had a little jump up today but I also might have drank a little beer last night. Just a little. :# Shark week has been teasing me, but hasn't appeared yet. OMG, loved the chocolate discussion. I upped mag and that really reduced pre menstrual cravings and bloating.

I have been super tired all week. I might have overdid it on activity this past weekend and I am have taken on a few more things (put in some volunteer hours after work on Wednesday + prepping for weekend workshop (grad student)) as well.

I would have liked to try IF, but it's just too hard when I go to the gym at 1PM, which is my lunch hour. On non gym days, it might work out. We'll see. One step at a time.

At this time, I foresee myself returning to calorie counting after this month. I would like to be 1 lb/week. *sigh*
    I know it's not a race, but I really want to wear a lace crop top to see The Cure in June. I mean, it might be my only opportunity as an almost 33-year-old mom to wear a lace crop top. I already ordered it online.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I didn't include my stats on my check in.
    Starting trend weight 135.4
    Current trend weight 132.8 -2.6 lbs

Also doing all animal April
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    253.8 today. Down after being up more around 255. I've been bouncing a bit, though, lately, so we'll see if this tend continues. It's warming up now, finally, so that will help.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yay! 2 kilos lost this week, total 6 kilo from the start so very happy about it! I like not counting calories although I am logging to keep an eye on my carbs but my calories seem to be always around my daily goal anyway.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing well :(

I have used not logging as an excuse to just eat and eat and eat (and this includes carbs).

As of yesterday I jumped back on board, and have started IF in an effort to somewhat regulate my intake.

At this point I feel like I need to log to see where I am at, but I may just track my carbs manually.

@DorkothyParker I go to the gym (weights, very little cardio) at 12pm and today I ate straight after. The 16:8 leangains IF wants you to workout right at the end of your fast. I found it ok today but I guess time will tell
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    @StephieWillcox That's very interesting. My lunch hour is typically 1 on weekdays. Not a huge difference, but I can feel it sometimes. I did IF on Saturday and Sunday (well depends on your views of the fatty coffee breakfast) and did steady state cardio right after on Saturday (jogging) and walked on Sunday. That went well. It was a noon lunch at my weekend workshop. I usually do HIIT, not steady state, on weekday gym days. I really want to do Starting Strength, but I need a coach/partner. (gym personal trainers tie in a lot of extra services and thus are very expensive. I really just need someone to watch my form the first few times.)

I did eat a huge beef patty with extra fat for dinner on Saturday and a huge beef patty with no extra fat Sunday. I don't foresee myself doing all-animal, but 8 oz beef patties are my new jam.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    @DorkothyParker I started with stronglifts 5x5 (which is essentially starting strength but with rows rather than power cleans). I hired a trainer for one session and explained that this is the program I was going to follow so I just needed him to correct my form on the five exercises.

It was very useful! Since then I just get someone to video me (anyone waiting around in between sets is normally very happy to help) and then I post the video onto the "eat, train, progress" form checker sticky. They give great feedback and really help with places to work on.

Sorry went a bit off topic there :)

I'm going to try IF each day this week so I'll let you know how the gym goes.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I'm still ad-lib. My weight has maintained. I don't feel as though I'm eating more than I was previously, although, I'm also doing AAA, so more protein, essentially 0 carbs. I would so love for the scale to move in the downward direction.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Last night I had the strongest carb craving I have had, it was all I could do not to drive to the supermarket and buy a large block of dark Lindt chocolate and eat the lot!! I wasn't hungry just really wanted something sweet. Instead I mixed up some unsweetened cocoa, stevia, coconut oil and ground almonds and ate that. So I would have been a bit over my carbs but it stopped my craving! I hope this was just a temporary glitch as I feel like I have been doing really well :)