I ate pork rinds and now I want to barf.

Options
2»

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    I use them as bread crumbs, used them in a pizza crust once, and they are good with sour cream or avocado dip. I keep it to 1.5 servings though. I've wanted to do the cereal thing, but I don't eat breakfast. Maybe as a snack sometime.
    If you handle them right they are good for nachos. The key is to heat all the stuff that needs to be warm up separately. Then assemble. Ultra yummy.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds are pretty popular in Laos cuisine so I grew up with them even before LC. I do love them as a snack or a vehicle for dip, but I am with the others who can't stop at the one serving.

My fave way to eat them is the way I grew up with them- served with spicy green papaya salad made with tomatoes, chillis, ginger, and garlic!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    missabbyb wrote: »
    The calories are only like 80. For 5 oz or something. It

Sorry, no. 80 calories is for a kingly 14 grams.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I never thought of using them in a salad. I literally ran out and got some and am having a spinach, avocado, laughing cow and pork rind salad lol. With olive oil and a little chipotle sauce.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds are pretty popular in Laos cuisine so I grew up with them even before LC. I do love them as a snack or a vehicle for dip, but I am with the others who can't stop at the one serving.

My fave way to eat them is the way I grew up with them- served with spicy green papaya salad made with tomatoes, chillis, ginger, and garlic!

Very popular in the south too. My family bought them made fresh... I never could tolerate the smell of them frying while we waited . No pork rinds for me