Anyone from Canada on here?

Options
celinesanche
celinesanche Posts: 16 Member
Been on MFP on and off for a few years now. Just discovered some of the forums. I'm 40, married and have a son who is 20. Also have 2 dogs and a cat. I live in Guelph, Ontario. My calories are set to 1500 and want to lose about 30 pounds. Looking to meet some new friends for extra moral support. Add me if you'd like. Would love to hear your story and help motivate you! Cheers! :)

Replies

• BhangraPrince
    BhangraPrince Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    From Surrey BC...
  • countrygal131313
    countrygal131313 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi ya..Im live over by St.Marys in Ontario. I really like this app. It keeps me motivated. I agree its nice to meet new people on the same journey as you to keep each other motivated. I want to lose about 50 more pounds to hit the goal I want..
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I am from London, Ontario now, but I went to school at the University of Guelph. My calories are set at 1700 but I regularly go over that so I need to get back to that level. I would like to lose another 20 lbs. Having 2 kids and I am also married has not helped my weight loss.
  • jkquinn13
    jkquinn13 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hey there...just turned 50...sigh....and am from Whitby ON....also went to Guelph
    I have just started following macros instead of calories...down 38 pounds since September.
    Trying hard to get under 200...18 to go
  • celinesanche
    celinesanche Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome congrats on the weight loss! Feel free to ad me for moral support ;)
  • WicklowWanderer
    WicklowWanderer Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi, Tara from Toronto, living in Dublin, Ireland. I've been on MFP since last summer, realised I was turning 40 that October and though I had okay fitness from semi-regular exercise, I felt crap about how I looked. At 5' 7" 180 pounds, along with the weight, my cholesterol and blood pressure were also creeping upwards so I decided to do something about it. I began logging daily staying within the 1200 MFP suggested and increased my activity levels. I lost 20 pounds by the time I turned 40 and close to another 10 pounds lost by Christmas. Great! BUT...

Since January, I've been bouncing between 152-156 and its driving me nuts. I was worried my calories might be too low for the increased activity (roller derby!) so upped them to 1400 and then 1600. Weekends or training days I might go a little higher, 1700-1900. Still no new weight loss and the measuring tape hasn't changed either. Not sure what else I can do but stick with it! I'm back to work after a break of 6 months so hoping the re-introduction of morning and evening walking will help moves things along again.
  • modmom1
    modmom1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Alberta here! I've been off MFP for a while but I'm back. Hope to see lots of chatter in this group :)
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm from Peterborough Ontario area, I've been struggling since last March,
    Nice to see some "locals" on here!
  • rustyquinn
    rustyquinn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm Timmins Ontario. I'm 44 and want to lose 80+ lbs be healthy at 170lbs. I'm also 5'10. It's going to be a slow process.
  • pinkelectra
    pinkelectra Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi. I'm in London, Ontario (but also went Guelph for university! Wanting to lose at least 80 lbs. starting today!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from Mississauga. I've tried MFP before but no groups/friends etc. Figured to get serious this time and use support to help me!