Peanut Butter

Options
T1DCarnivoreRunner
T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
I have some tubs of peanut butter, and I seriously have no idea what to do with them. I know everyone says peanut butter is high protein, but look at the macros... they may have protein, but they have a lot more fat. I want to eat this stuff, but I only know about putting PB on bread and occasionally celery. I don't really want to eat it plain and not keen on celery right now, so what is low carb to put it on?

Replies

• pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Chicken thighs! ....put in low carb smoothies, or fat bombs....
  • juliacougarrrr
    juliacougarrrr Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love 100% crunchy peanut butter as a dip for green apple slices. Prob not too low carb but still a healthy snack
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    I love 100% crunchy peanut butter as a dip for green apple slices. Prob not too low carb but still a healthy snack

That is yummy.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    The only reason I have a tub of peanut butter (natural, no sugar added) in the house is because it used to be my hypoglycemic go-to food, not that I've had that problem in months since I was able to stop taking my fast acting insulin. It sends my blood sugar sky high, fast. But everyone is different. My mom's a T2 diabetic on insulin too and she doesn't have the same extreme reaction.

But if I could eat it and had the carb allotment for it, I'd be making satay sauce all the time!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @pwrfl1 Can you share the smoothie recipe?
    @Sabine_Stroehm I was trying to avoid eating it plain.
  • Rose_Oh
    Rose_Oh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just made the low carb 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies. They are definitely not like the originals but great for a small treat to have with my coffee or green tea.
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Definitely a spoon!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I put 1 tbsp of Pb on my scrambled eggs. Increases fat. Adds flavour.
  • asyroyez
    asyroyez Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You can... just send those to me? Thanks! :P
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I know. I was being silly. If you eat sugar substitutes, it's pretty good dipped in jello sugar free pudding.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I love it with celery or I'll put a Tbsp or two of PB in a little bowl, add raw organic cacao nibs and/or coconut flakes (or shredded coconut), a little sweetener if you like (I use splenda) and then microwave for about 30 seconds so it's all warm and melty. I love chocolate chip cookie dough and this is a nice LCHF alternative. I eat it with a small spoon to savor it. :)
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Mix some in full fat yogurt or cottage cheese.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options

It wasn't my recipe mentioned. But I sometimes do:
    3/4 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1oz cream cheese
    1.5 tbsp cocoa (optional)
    1/2 tbsp CO (optional)
    1/4 avocado
    1-2tbsp pb
    Sweetener to taste
    3 ice cubes

If you have the carbs for it, the avo makes it really creamy. If not, use the CO. I rarely have HWC, just h&h, so the cream cheese and almond milk could just be a cup of HWC. A pinch of cinnamon is good. I sometimes add vanilla extract. It's like a Reece's shake. Nix the cocoa and increase the pb to 2tbsp if you just want a pb shake.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    You can stir in raw or roasted pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, hemp hearts, flaxseeds, coconut shavings.... Mmmmmm.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I just mix water with my low carb protein shake mix, add a tbs of pb, and maybe a tsp of sugar free jello to make it extra chocolate-ty add ice to blender, and mix it up.... It makes it thick like a drive in malt ! Che k out Pinterest for more versions of this and @bacinslaves
  • landiodo
    landiodo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I eat it with a spoon and sprinkle salt on top.
  • juliacougarrrr
    juliacougarrrr Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    I used to break off a bit of 100%-cocoa chocolate bar and sweeten it up a bit by dipping it in peanut butter. Not bad.

But then my wife decided to make peanut butter cups: melt the chocolate, add coconut oil to the peanut butter and melted chocolate, pour into little paper cups, freeze to harden the cups. <3<3<3

Brb trying this NOW!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Mix it up with cream cheese. B)