Sulking, so fed up :(

Options
siany01
siany01 Posts: 319 Member
Warning - sulky ranty post

My blooming shoulder is still sore. I actually went to the Dr on Thursday and she was a waste of time. Take ibruprofen. Well duuurrr!!! I am due back at the gym tomorrow and I just want to lift. I don't want to go and do cardio.

I am totally aware I sound like a sulky child but honestly, I feel like a kid whose favorite toy has been taken away.

Not even sure if I will bother going tomorrow. Maybe I am better 100% resting, though the cardio has no impact on my shoulder.

Apologies, rant over. I tried offloading on the husband but he just doesn't get it.

Replies

• kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Lower-body focused workout?
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    It's hard. I hurt the **** outta my knee last year and I had to give up lifting for almost 6 months. At first I tried to work out around it, but it turns out, you really use your legs for everything even if you're just standing there doing bicep curls :laugh:

Now, though, even when my knee hurts, it doesn't hurt from lifting weights. I can do squats and lunges again.

I guess when I'm saying is, give your shoulder plenty of rest. Look around the gym to see what machines you can do with just your lower body and go nuts.

Also, forget about the doctor. Ever hear the saying "to a hammer, every problem look like a nail." Well to a doctor, the answer is going to be painkillers or surgery. Try to get the doc to refer you to a physical therapist-- the PT can always send you back for surgery or pills if necessary. You could maybe even find one who specializes in injury recovery. (I was starting to look into that when I realized my knee was fine even when it hurt, if that makes sense).
  • siany01
    Options
    Thanks. The dr can get me into the physio at the end of the month. This morning I am going to try some of it and see how it goes. I 'think' I have worked out some alternatives if I can't do them but I'll see how I go.

It's just so frustrating as the rest of me is on it and my shoulder just won't play ball

Ahh well. Shall see how it goes. Off to the gym now.

I'll let you know.
  • siany01
    Options
    If my legs weren't so darn sore I would be jumping up and down. Managed to lift today and I am sooo happy. Couldn't do the lat pull down as felt that tweak my shoulder but everything else was fine. Can't wait till Tuesday now. Might have to sub the squats for goblets but I'm happy to do that.

I am so pleased I gave it a go. I kept it light on most of the weights 77lb on the deadlift and 26lb of shoulder press (13 each hand)

Think I am going to do 3 rounds of 10/3 then 3 rounds of 8/3 instead of the 2.

So happy today, was buzzing this morning :)