Motivation accountability and support April 18 to 24

Options
HLaR79
HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
Good morning

A new week, new little goals for this week. Lots of big things to work on!
I am feeling like i am in a bit of a slump. I am not sleeping well and i dont want to work cause i am tired and i want to eat junk food every night cause i am blah
So this week i am going to
1) drink a lot of water and try to trim down the soda
2) eat supper at home
3) limit snacking at night (which means eating a healthy supper)
4) eat breakfast at home for the rest of the week
5) walk outside at least once

Replies

• Deem114
    Deem114 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post and good luck on your week!

My husband and I are going up to the mountains this coming weekend to rent a cabin and go fishing. Normally, as we get closer to these trips, my anxiety starts to kick into high gear. I get more easily winded in the higher altitude and with the rocky terrain, slippery banks and general fear I have of falling and not being able to get back up due to my size, usually the only highlight of these trips was that we'd go to our favorite Mexican restaurant while we're up there (funny how that can be a motivator, huh?). Amazingly enough, now I'm not dreading the walking or the terrain (I AM still scared of falling!) ...but I am absolutely terrified of my choices when we do go to this restaurant.

This week's goals...
    1. continue to stick with water only, this is a tough one
    2. I'm not quite under the weight limit for our recumbent bike, but it didn't creak or groan when I tried it last night....I'd like to do this 3x this week for 10 minutes to start
    3. try and limit my salt...this is an ongoing struggle, I need to learn to appreciate different herbs instead of just grabbing salt as my main go-to when I need flavor for my food
    4. repeat this mantra over and over next Sunday night...do NOT order the seafood burrito....
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    good weekly goals----HLaR79--I have not been sleeping well either. And it's so important--I wish you good luck!
    Diane, I am sure you will have fun on your vacation --I like your goal of cutting down on salt.
  • alanabanana01
    Options
    My Weekly Goals:
    *change up my menu---I am in a rut and no movement. Sometimes a change in food helps me out a little.
    *tracking---I am not losing, and that means one thing---I am eating all the calories I need to maintain. I am really going to look at measuring and weighing---new scale is on the way from Amazon :-)
    *Continue to exercise---I am seeing body changes! That's a positive! I want to keep my routine going.

Hope you all have a great week!
    Alana
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Deem114, I know exactly what you are saying about anxiety; last month, I faced mine and went to Chicago with a friend from work. It was awesome and at the same time very difficult. I am so glad I went; I hope you feel the same way after you go on vacation.

I did so well last week on my goals that I am going to up the bar just a little:
    1) 2 visits to Curves this week
    2) no eating out (I sat in the parking lot of my favorite restaurant for 10 minutes meditating after work today and decided to go home instead. I enjoyed my balsamic chicken salad more than I would have the meal I was craving...so glad I worked through the emotional craving.)
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My scale at home has me 5 pounds heavier than my doctors scale. I am filly dressed with shoes and all. How's that for a stupid scale?
  • misvic88
    misvic88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hi everyone.. good luck with all the challenges.. looking for more support and friends on here so anyone want to friend me i would love it!! thanks
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good start to their week!
    Today i was running up and down the stairs so much that i am too sore for a walk outside. I am glad i can move so much but always feel frustrated when i burn out!
    All of my goals are going well right now!!!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    this week I am going to go to my aqua classes every day. I don't go on sat or sunday but I'm going to try this week. I can't do a lot of classes because of my back but I love the aqua classes. another goal of mine is to try and get 8k in steps a day on my fitbit. walking doesn't hurt me so thats a goal of mine. my last goal is to be thankful for what I have done the last few months. at times I get mad at my self but I need to see that I have lost weight and I am being active.
  • jltheis7
    Options
    <3 Skittles, you've got some good goals.

Okay, I had a great Monday and Tuesday but Wednesday kicked my butt. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    Thursday is here :)

This week is really dragging on its time for friday
  • Deem114
    Deem114 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm definitely ready for Friday! So far I did manage to get on the bike this morning, but ya...unless I get my butt in gear and do it tomorrow and Saturday too, it's looking like a lofty goal. But on the plus side, I've managed to stick with only water all week! :smiley:

On a side note, my weigh in/post this week will be a day early since we'll be heading out of town Sunday afternoon, so I've been doing my best trying not to peek. *fingers crossed*
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    well today I didn't get to go to my aqua class, I have to wait for a package to sign for it. I could of went to the class because they are still not here ahh but on a good note I'm meeting with a personal trainer tomorrow.
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    This week has been very stressful for me. Playing catch up in the training class is not what I had in mind when I showed up for work last Friday but I am in dire need of a change. I am behind but I will get caught up.

Will just take me some time. I have not been doing a very good job with my journey but i am so tuned in to the training i can't think of much else. I will get back on track this weekend. I just needed to get through my first week of training.
  • jltheis7
    Options
    I didn't meet my goals this week. This is frustrating as they weren't that challenging.
  • HLaR79
    Options
    @Deem114 great job on the water
    @Skittles2183 i hate waiting for things like that! Hope your meeting with the trainer went well.
    @bevkidd1 catching up is never fun
    @jltheis7 it is so frustrating to miss our goals but they are learning experiences, next week you can adjust a little and you will get them! Lots of little steps, more then a fair share of stumbles and soon you will be running full speed!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    well I didn't do my one goal of aqua classes every day but yesterday my husband and I went walking at the park and today we are going to do that again.
  • alanabanana01
    Options
    I hit my goals this week---changed my menu, tracked everything and kept moving. more of the same for this last week of the month..