Back at it....

Options
jemcult15
jemcult15 Posts: 17 Member
Spent two weeks in Ireland indulging myself in any piece of bread or 'chips' that came my way.

Stumbled this morning (how did I forget to grab eggs at the market?) but I'm recommitted to this lifestyle choice. What are your tips for getting back on track?

Replies

• nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I've been stumbling since January, and just got my act together this week. I know that I feel 110% better when maintaining this way of eating, but I'm guilty of falling into a shame spiral sometimes when I make a poor eating choice.

For me, my success comes from preparation...I can't mentally recommit until I've cleaned out my cupboards and fridge. I'll make my weekly meal plan and shop accordingly, and once I've got the ball rolling that first week, then it's much much easier for me to stay on track.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Just stop and start. That's the hardest part. My best restart is to commit to get some exercise in. Even a walk outside at lunch for 1 hour will get you back motivated. Once you put in the physical effort, it is harder to not justify eating better as well. Success breeds more success.

Also, Ditto what @nikoba wrote.
    "For me, my success comes from preparation...I can't mentally recommit until I've cleaned out my cupboards and fridge. I'll make my weekly meal plan and shop accordingly, and once I've got the ball rolling that first week, then it's much much easier for me to stay on track."

It is mostly mental and planning. Make a plan on paper, implement plan, succeed at plan. Repeat. - Commit to solid dedicated 2 week plan. It's easier, if you mentally break off a small chunk of time. I WILL DO this for the next 14 days. Once you make that shift it is easier to keep going. Good luck. Let's do this!
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Ditto to committing to smaller chunks of time. I committed myself to one month Jan 1 this year and behold, I'm still going strong. I recommit monthly and make any desired tweaks at that time.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

You got me motivated too. No alcohol, no nuts, no funny food Love it!
    Since Mother's day is coming up, that is a good short term target for me. Let's see if we can turn this bus around. I made a two week calendar that I'm going to Pre-plan my meals out.
    B,L,D, & snacks. Get the real food in the fridge, toss out the pantry stuff that slipped in.
    It's true, most of the food we should be eating is kept in the refrigerator, starts with a shopping trip around the perimeter of the grocery store. Ready. Go!
    3z3szqeqz11a.jpg

• LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Bacon! Bacon is the solution lol. Seriously though, I've found that when I've been sucked back into carb cravings that the best way to cope is to make sure I have lots of super yummy low carb foods available. I don't stress about my calories while I cope with the withdrawals and every time I think about bread, chips, cake etc, I have some bacon, cheese or eggs (my favourite things). I never lose weight during those periods, until I refocus on my overall food volumes, but it helps me get past my carb cravings and gets me back on track.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    The easiest way for me to get back on track is to prepare some grab and go food. I batch make meatloaf, scotch eggs, boiled eggs etc and leave them in the fridge so I have NO excuses to eat what I shouldn't be eating! I also go back to eating very simple meals... it takes the stress away and I find my cravings disappear quicker if I just stick with simple meat/fish and veg for a few days.