Binges to numb

Options
healthyMSk
healthyMSk Posts: 31 Member
:/ I'm so falling back into the bad habit of binging to stay numb. I had already had lunch had to face an unpleasant conversation and grabbed a bag of chips.I don't want to go back down this road.
I managed to stop using drinking, but avoiding food isn't as easy. Just I dunno posting to keep myself distracted I guess
Thanks for reading

Replies

• Soy_K
    Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    hang in there. avoiding food is really hard! yes! try to distract yourself and remember what your goals are. be strong! if you want something to change, you can't keep doing the same things. and don't hate yourself - it's an up and down road. when you start on the binge, try counting to 10 really slowly and think about what you're doing and if you really want to do it or not. you can love yourself by taking care of you <3
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I try to think about how a uncomfortable situation, like a bad conversation, is going to last just a feww minutes, but I have to live with the consequences of my overeating for longer than that. The mor I do the overeating the more I inforce a bad habit. The more often I refuse to make food my god, the more I'll rely on a Higher Power to get me through the rough spots in life. Bestofluck. I used to just toss the food into the garbage bin when I saw what I was doing to myself. I felt some freedom doing that.
  • nitallica
    nitallica Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I feel you and am still fighting it. *HUGS* Keep at it, you can beat this!
  • traci9028
    traci9028 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello HealthyMSk. Great job sending a message as a means of distraction. You not only did this as a way to help yourself but also chose a healthy outlet instead of the food. I know for me, every day is a struggle but I've learned (the hard way) the only way I can do it is to take each day as it comes, taking baby steps along the way. I have good days and bad days but the more genuine friends I have, the more I can reach out to people for comfort instead of food.