5"8 what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• whiskeystitching
    Options
    The women who were on Desperate Housewives were really open about the fact that they were required to be a certain weight, and that the producers flat out stated that they'd rather the actresses be thin than less wrinkled.
  • cak720
    cak720 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, and have unfortunately I am back to my heaviest at 189. My goal weight is right around 140. I am active and like to play sports ... just needing to get back on track with my food choices. Feel free to add me as a friend. :-)
  • cajoviland
    cajoviland Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8.5 and I am 158lbs. I was 169.5 and lost 11 pounds over the last 6 weeks. My goal weight is 145. I feel my best between 147 and 150. I don't like the way my clothes fit over 155lbs. I easily fit size 6 and 8. But I at 158lbs my size 6 clothes are tight. I am not sure of my body fat %.

I totally agree with you! I am 5' 8" and was 189 pounds and got down to 139. My goal was 145, but it kept dropping when I did Medifast. Three years later, my body seems to be resting at 155 or so (haven't been following my same food routine and certain medications made me gain a couple of pounds). I don't like how my clothes fit at this weight. 145-150 is definitely better! I hated being less than 140 though. It wasn't me...not curvy enough at all. ;) Hoping to lose a few and get back to about 145.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel better seeing women my height having a similar goal weight.

I did get down to 143lbs after starting this thread. The comments ranged from people asking my husband if i had cancer, to "you're starting to look bony and haggard". I've just decided to settle at 150lbs and be done with it!
  • VictoriaTuel
    VictoriaTuel Posts: 1,604 Member
    Options
    I'm 172 cm (almost 5'8") and weigh around 130lbs now, but I have a tiny upper body (even when I weighed 170-180lbs, my waist only ever got to 73cm/29in) so I think I have a smaller frame in general even though I'm pretty curvy and my booty's substantial. I like how I look at this weight, but you can see the bones in the center of my chest, which I could imagine looking bony and maybe a little gaunt in the future - I'm only 22 now. The bones are apparent whenever I'm below 155lbs though, which is overweight for me, so I think it's just because my body refuses to store fat above my hip bones. In the end everybody's body is different, and the weight you end up at is most likely fine as long as you're eating healthy and exercising! :smile:
  • silvy1013
    silvy1013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    modmom1 wrote: »
    at 5'8, I find it so difficult to get under 140lbs. Anyone else have trouble or is it easy for you to get into the 130s?

I'm having the same struggle!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    silvy1013 wrote: »
    at 5'8, I find it so difficult to get under 140lbs. Anyone else have trouble or is it easy for you to get into the 130s?

I'm having the same struggle!

I don't think I could get under 150 honestly, so I hear ya.
  • doceo
    doceo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hi. I just added to the group. I'm about 5'10". Decades ago (high school), I weighted 120 and was way too skinny. Right now, I'm 156 lbs and 62. I signed up for a trainer and we decided around 140 would be a healthy weight for me (calculations actually stated 130 but that's too low for me). So I'm toning with yoga, pilates, spin, row, and weight lifting;I would like to drop 16-20.
  • CocoaGirl26
    CocoaGirl26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    New here!
    5'8
    150 pounds
    Goal 135

Size now: USA 4

The extra weight for me is causing health issues, I have a small frame and the closer I get to my 30s, the more the extra weight causes issues!
  • WallyAmadeus
    WallyAmadeus Posts: 119 Member
    Options

I certainly do. When I was younger, I could smash down to 130ish by living on coffee and flavored yogurt. Now, I can't sustain that, so I have to stay on track consistently.

I used to resent this, but now I think that I have to view my body the way an athlete does. Athletes accept the restrictions because they want to perform at a high level. I don't need to compete at a high level, but I do have a very active life and many things I want to do, so to have enough energy for the life I want, I have to focus on lean proteins, (I'm a vegetarian, so I have to be careful with dairy, which can have a lot of fat), produce and whole grains.

I look fine in the 140s, I feel better eating in the way that gets me down to the 130s.
  • gogogadgette
    gogogadgette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It used to be easier until I turned 30. Now I have to be pretty consistent with my calories and activity, I tend to yo yo gradually and it's usually because of eating too much meat/dairy. When I eat a mostly plant based moderate fat "flexitarian" diet it's definitely easier to do so and still feel fulfilled. My goal is to hit 138 before the new year and maintain until spring on limited activity due to a chronic illness. I feel my best when I have less weight on my back/bum and legs (severe pear who gets super lean on top first). <3
  • sxb317
    sxb317 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this group. I'm on the same boat of not being overweight but my weight has crept up by 1-2 lbs a year since kids and having really hard time getting rid of it. I'm 41 and used to be 125 pretty much my entire life until having kids. I'm active and generally healthy, just have a belly fat situation that I want to get rid of. I think it's going to happen around 135-138 and that would be my ideal weight at this point, not trying to get back to super young days. I'm a size 8 due to big hips and big shoulders :-)
  • Krysia78
    Krysia78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New poster here 5'8 and looking to be 128-130 I have a long ways ahead of me!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Geez i feel like I'm a heifer compared to all of your goal weights...
  • LataLizzy
    LataLizzy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and currently bounce between 153 and 158 pounds. It'd be really nice to get down to 135 lbs, but my first goal is 145 lbs. I haven't been below 150 consistently in years. I've gone back and forth tracking my calories in/out over the past 4 years, but I'm really tired of not being able to fit into my pants. I am looking for a sustainable way to shed the excess weight that fits my lifestyle. I have been cutting way back on sugar, which is making it easier to burn more calories than I consume. I'm happy I stumbled across this group because I'll take all the help and encouragement I can get!
  • get_fit_lizzie
    get_fit_lizzie Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    24 year old female graduate student
    Currently fluctuate between 150-153
    Goal 140
    Ultimate goal 135

Anyone in a similar boat please add/contact me! Would love to have a weight loss buddy around my age with similar goals!
  • yogastrongmama
    yogastrongmama Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just under 5'9".
    GW 146-148
    CW 151
    I'm naturally quite muscular, with a medium build, so I think somewhere around 147 is perfect for me.
    Now to get there...
  • LW3380
    LW3380 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Geez i feel like I'm a heifer compared to all of your goal weights...

Not at all! If anything I'm in your boat, I'm 5' 7.7" currently about 165lbs (11st 11lbs) just now, aiming get to 154lbs (11st) I've been this weight before and know it looks best for me, any slimmer and I look ill.