Weight plateau... with working out and watching cals

I know this seems to be a common problem. But I can't seem to loose weight. I'm lifting about every other day. Doing some amount of cardio most days as well. I feel like I'm pretty good at keeping track of cal intake and eating in a deficit. I also try to keep my protein intake high so I can build muscle. My diet journal is viewable on my profile and I welcome feedback.

But for the life of me.... I can NOT make substantial weight drop. I've gone from 155 to 160 and seem to be holding on. To be fair, my measurements are slowly creeping down..

Do I need to just give up on dropping weight? Research cutting phases? Run twice a day?

Any thoughts? I think it's just the girl side of me that would really like to drop a solid 10-15. But it is great if I'm loosing inches... Ugh.

Help? Thoughts?

Replies

• holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    I know this seems to be a common problem. But I can't seem to loose weight. I'm lifting about every other day. Doing some amount of cardio most days as well. I feel like I'm pretty good at keeping track of cal intake and eating in a deficit. I also try to keep my protein intake high so I can build muscle. My diet journal is viewable on my profile and I welcome feedback.

But for the life of me.... I can NOT make substantial weight drop. I've gone from 155 to 160 and seem to be holding on. To be fair, my measurements are slowly creeping down..

Do I need to just give up on dropping weight? Research cutting phases? Run twice a day?

Any thoughts? I think it's just the girl side of me that would really like to drop a solid 10-15. But it is great if I'm loosing inches... Ugh.

Help? Thoughts?

STOP IT. Get off the scale. Focus on other things. Like your shrinking measurements!

And a few questions: What the heck is your TDEE that you're eating under 2000 calories? And your cut level? What activity level have you decided on?

It's hard to know what advice to offer you without knowing that.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    TDEE was based on BMR using age, height, weight (which is inflated when overweight to some degree, possibly more depending on lost muscle mass from eating badly for a while)?
    Or based on Katch BMR using bodyfat % estimate?

I've seen many 200-400 inflated BMR's used, when you get the activity level, and take a deficit, you actually have little to no deficit to better estimated TDEE.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    First of all, congrats on the measurements going down! That is so much more important than that number on the scale...

In order to help, we really need a bit more info about you, like your BMR, TDEE, etc What activity level did you choose when figuring your TDEE? What kind of a deficit are you trying to maintain? Dieting history? Did you start with a reset?

Looking at your diary over the past week or so, it seems really inconsistent, with calories swinging between 1001 and 2861/day. To start off, I would try to eat more consistently. Figure out your TDEE, your cut, and then eat consistently at that level. Of course, we all know that life gets in the way, and no one will be able to hit that number every single day, but those seem to be some huge variations in intake. Regardless of activity level, TDEE, cut, etc you want to make sure you always net over your BMR, and my guess is that you are way under BMR on those 1000 and 1200 calorie days, especially since you seem to be working out...

Get back to us with some of those specifics, and we will be happy to try to help...