Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Seeking suggestions for eating more protein

auntjudith254
auntjudith254 Posts: 29 Member
Seeking ideas to get more protein. I don't eat much meat, though I'm not a vegetarian. I end up with too many carbs in the macro breakdown of my diet. I don't eat bread, crackers, only occasionally pasta. But I eat root vegetables, fruits, beans, rice, nuts etc which I think are considered carbs.. I'd appreciate home made suggestions (not supplements) for upping my protein intake. I do eat eggs, but not every day, and some dairy. Thanks!

Replies

• jmm1977
    jmm1977 Posts: 31 Member
    Have you tried Greek Yogurt?
  • auntjudith254
    Yes, I like regular yogurt better, but these days, most of what I see in stores is the Greek kind. I eat it once in a while with fresh fruits and sometimes nuts. I don't like it well enough to eat it regularly. Thanks for 6he suggestion.
  • jmm1977
    jmm1977 Posts: 31 Member
    I hear you! I have been getting myself to the point where I can tolerate plain greek yogurt occassionally, I don't mind any of the flavored kinds, but plain gets me! I add in a half cup of fresh fruit with it! Makes it tolerable! :)
  • auntjudith254
    I'll try one of the flavored kinds. I've been avoiding those because of the high sugar content I assume they have. Maybe I'll mix one flavored with one plain and see how that is.
  • helenrosec1
    helenrosec1 Posts: 82 Member
    Quinoa is a high protein food, or beans, tofu, eggs, cheese, fish, chicken, nuts, chickpeas, yogurt, soya milk
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    What amount of protein is ideal? So much different advice out there.
    Some have standard amounts for women and men, some per body weight, some related to amt of exercise, any good suggestions. I'm currently eating about 68-75 gms protein a day.
  • RhondaJean1966
    RhondaJean1966 Posts: 8 Member
    I was told by my doctor hard boiled eggs and avacados are really great options. Coconut oils too.