I have a few questions!

2»

Replies

• maggiegbrown
    maggiegbrown Posts: 90 Member
    You guys are great and are keeping me going. I just feel like a five month pregnant woman my weight is all in my belly. I have notice my ring size is changing... LOL. I guess I will have to take photos I just hate photos of myself, there not pretty!!!!! ; ( I will l will get the details on my kidney and let you know, I do know my # was at # 3 whatever that means.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Trust me, you'll want the BEFORE pictures to make your AFTER seem as awesome as it really is!!! :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    I did lose around my rib cage and from my back more than anywhere else in the beginning. It was weird. I only knew it because I had measured there early on. I had lost between 5-10 pounds but my clothes fit the same and I couldn't understand it. I wanted to see it! So I measured and I was very surprised tat I had lost like an inch or two from around my ribs, but maybe a1/8 - 1/4 inch around the waist. Later on I wasn't really losing weight but I started losing inches off my waist! Lol go figure!
  • eliseagraves
    eliseagraves Posts: 19 Member
    becwana wrote: »
    That is very low - if you're not feeling hungry for extra food, I agree with knitormiss that you should try adding extra fat to each meal - choose fattier cuts of meat, chicken with skin - add butter or cheese (or both!!) to veggies - make sauces out of cream and butter and fresh herbs - drink bulletproof coffee - check out Pinterest for fat bomb recipes.

I'm in total agreement here; more fat! It's hard at first, I think because of how we've been programed to think fat is bad, but it makes the whole thing work. Butter on rib eye, heavy cream in coffee, blue cheese dressing on every thing - bacon, bacon, bacon you can do it!

• KnitOrMiss
    @maggiegbrown Any updates for us? Are you succeeding in getting some more fats snuck in there?
  • maggiegbrown
    Ok so crazy today I have started putting butter and coconut oil in my tea it's gonna take some getting use to but i'm gonna do it. I also went to out to lunch for the first time in 6 weeks with a friend of mine.... all I seemed to want to eat was a big fat steak so I did!!!! Yay for me!!! But I am so scared about going over on my proteins. I do have a challenge my man work 2nd shift so he is not home for supper, so it is like I am making to dinners a night. he is so on board with keto and will eat anything I put in front of him but I don't want to eat at 11:30 at night. So most nights I just eat salad and make him a big dinner. but because I went out I am treating myself all around and going to eat late and have a taco. Tomorrow is weight in so I pray I lost inches, this belly is killing me. ; )
  • maggiegbrown
    I am not a big dairy person so I can not add that to things. Egg, cheese and butter is as far as I will go with dairy.
  • KnitOrMiss
    I am not a big dairy person so I can not add that to things. Egg, cheese and butter is as far as I will go with dairy.

@maggiegbrown Something else to consider as you stay on this eating plan is that your taste buds will completely change. Foods I used to love taste like cardboard, paste, and glue to me now - and foods I used to not like or hate are heaven on a plate these days. Don't be afraid to retry or try something new every 4 weeks or so!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member

egg...d-dairy?
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    kirkor wrote: »

egg...d-dairy?

Ha ha cows would lay pretty big eggs!!
  • maggiegbrown
    My mistake, sorry!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    My mistake, sorry!

Hehehe naw, it's a common thing. Some people think mayo is dairy too ... I dunno if it's because of the white color? Some people say it's because in grocery stores you often see eggs in the refrigerated section next to the cheese, so it becomes associated with dairy in people's minds.
  • maggiegbrown
    so you guys I have a cooking question, I am trying! I did say trying so please don't hold me to it if I fail. A new veggie a week. this week it is Brussel sprouts. It has taken me all week to to bring them to my counter. I hate cooked veggies. I did taste them raw and they are not bad so I may add them to may salad. But I want to try them cooked, who can give me idea's on this and what's the deal on Keto with them? I am only doing 15-20 grams a week. and have not even brought in any fruit yet, so I just looking for some input.