Share your workout

Options
ressapowell
ressapowell Posts: 35 Member
I love to share my workouts with anyone who will listen and hear what workouts they do that I can try. Always challenging myself. Here is my ab workout and I have seen and felt amazing results from it. Anyone else have any suggestions for me or others to try?

Warmup: 3sets of each
15 leg lifts
15 flutter kicks
15 air bike crunches
25 russian twists
15 reverse crunches
30 crunches
30 mountain climbers
Basic plank 30 seconds rotating at the hips
Elbow plank 30 seconds
Side plank 30 seconds each side

Workout: 3 sets each
10 Hyper extensions
10 cable woodchoppers each side
10 reverse cable woodchoppers each side
10 pallof press each side
10 cable crunches

If you have any questions about these let me know.

Replies

• MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of The Body Sculpting Bible for Women. There are three different 6-week lifting programs depending on the results you want and the equipment you have access to. I do it at home with just a bench and a set of dumbbells (I have them in 5lb increments up to 40lbs. It's a pretty sweet set up, I'm very proud ;) ), and I LOVE the way my body looks when I complete a 6-week program. I just started another, so I'm really looking forward to my results at the end of 12 weeks.

The program I'm on for my at-home workout is something like this:

Body Sculpting Workout #1

Weights 3x per week
    Day 1: Back, chest, shoulders, bi/tri, legs
    Day 2: LEGS!!! Shoulders, tris
    Day 3: Legs, bi/tri, back, shoulders, chest

For Weeks 1-2, Modified Compound Supersets, 2 sets of each exercise, 12-15 reps.

For Weeks 3-4, Supersets, 3 sets of each exercise, 10-12 reps.

For Weeks 5-6, Giant Sets, 4 sets of each exercise, 8-10 reps.

Use enough weight for each exercise so that you can complete AT LEAST the minimum number of reps, but you shouldn't be able to complete more than the maximum number of reps without fatiguing the muscle. Sometimes I'm between weights...for curls, 10lbs is too light for me, but 15lbs is too heavy to do 12-15 reps, so I'll use the 15 for the first 8-10 reps, then switch to the 10 for the rest of the set.

Along with the lifting portion, they recommend cardio & abs 3x per week as well.

Seriously, I love it. I would highly recommend it to anyone with a home-gym or access to a gym with more equipment.