What Do Fasting Days Look Like for You?

Options
Terrabull
Terrabull Posts: 3 Member
I know that getting through a fasting day can sometimes be daunting. I find what works best for me is to chose the day with some intention based on my schedule, things I have planned that day, etc. I also do not typically exercise on those days but maybe I could? I just figured those are good rest days.

As for food, I usually have coffee in the morning, drink lots of water through the day, snack on raw fiberous veggies like jicama when I need something to gnaw on. Dinner is my only mean and typically involves a lot broccoli or other veg, lean meat like grilled chicken breast or fish and that's about it. If at all during the day, I feel I need something in my belly, consumme usually does the trick. Craving sugar? Usually a diet drink will do.

What are some of your tricks and tips?

Replies

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Somewhat similar, lots of water and tea through the day, maybe a yogurt mid-afternoon and then a piece of chicken or fish to finish out my calories. I use diet soda or mio (or comparable liquid water enhancers) to satisfy cravings for bubbly and/or sweeter drinks.
  • Lil_lifter
    Lil_lifter Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've found that half a protein bar in the morning keeps me completely full til lunch.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'm doing this now: juice-fasting for 2 days in a row, then eating normally for 5. It's working really well. I make my juice in a blender, then squeeze out the pulp using a nut bag (very fine nylon mesh). I find that my stomach and digestive processes just go to sleep with nothing to "work" on, so juice-fasts are really the only times I'm not constantly hungry. During the fast days, I enjoy the anticipation of food soon. My scale shows only a few ounces lost in two weeks but my clothes tell a different story.