diet downfall

Options
XFitMojoMom
XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
Alcohol
plain and simple. I've spent a lot on my wine cellar and stocking it.. I will drink it too!

Honestly, I get pissed off when I watch people eat loads of crap and continue to lose weight. I recently deleted over 100 MFP friends because I was trying each and everyone's "method" to weight loss. I need to find what works for me and fark, it's elusive.

I feel I work really hard on making wholesome choices and of course "being a proper role model to my children"... It's not like it used to be when I was able to sub out a proper meal for a salad and drop 7 pounds in a week.

If I want to drop weight I need to be disciplined and perfect and oh gawwwd, thats so boring.:explode:

About me: I crossfit. I used to be hard core, then I hit my 40's and my body started breaking down and everything hurts all the time. I run in the spring and fall only, summer and humidity are not conducive to thick thighs and shorts and running. :sick:
I do hot yoga about once a month. I need to keep those hip flexors juicy and loose so I can squat MOAR.

I am MOM to 2 girls - who do crossfit kids and allstar cheerleading. I am happily married and really have the perfect life. No really, no stress and I get to do whatever I want, whenever I want.
My previous life I was in early drug discovery software sales, and handled marketing worldwide. Now they just call me Mom, but my name is Pam. I'm 41. I live in Canada... French speaking part of Canada. I'm an anglophone.

Replies

• jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i hear ya sister! i here so many people eating worse and working out less and not lifting and they lose so much more than me (or are naturally smaller). im jealous about it all the time even though theres nothing i can do about their metabolisms.

and i hear u about the alcohol. i LOVE wine, and until im pregnant- im not giving it up. i only drink about 1x a week though- and its almost always wine- maybe 2-3 glasses worth.

my diet downfall is social functions. luncheons and pig ins at work (which are literally 2+ times a week. everyone brings in food or wants to celebrate something). parties or holiday functions where food is laid out, which the possibility of going back to graze. and boy can i graze.... until im physically in pain.

the major screw ups are getting less frequent, which is great- now they are pretty rare. but its bad enough to backtrack me 2-3 lbs each time, which frustrates the hell out of me.

lately, every time i screw up, i learn my lesson for a few weeks more- which is great. this past time was the 4th of july, and im still holding on to the retention and extra poundage. hoping that goes away soon. i have a party to go to today with all my close friends. i have already logged 3 glasses of wine and some snacks that i know ill have (i need to see what thy are having in terms of the main meats- and judge which is the best option), and im determined to have one plate of food and walk away. i feel so much better about myself when i have the willpower.

its just $#&@ing food. whats my damn problem, anyway? sigh. ill get there.