Initial Weight Loss on Keto

Jayne19099
Jayne19099 Posts: 149 Member
Hi All,

I'm happy I found everyone here and I'm getting some great tips, so thank you.

I've been eating "Keto" for about two weeks now. I'm not as hungry and I have clearer thinking so I plan to stick with it. For the past five days I've also been losing about a pound per day. My question is to those who have gone through this initial phase, how long did it the fast weight loss last for you? I'd like to have an idea of what I'm getting into so that I don't get discouraged later.

Best, Jayne

Replies

• BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    It lasted about the first two weeks for me. Now I'm at more like 1 lb per week.
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    I lost 14lbs in 3 weeks and then nothing for 4 weeks. Now I am around 1-1.5lb a week (although plenty of times I lose nothing!)
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    I lost about 40 lbs in 6 months. It was pretty straightline for me, Although I lost the first 10 in a month.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    This varies WIDELY from person to person, so be mindful to not let it discourage you if you find that your rate of loss isn't as much as another, but to answer your question, my first 3 weeks were very strong then it slowed a bit, but was still very good. At about 3 full months in, I hit what I called at that time a "plateau because it slowed dramatically. Now, I don't let myself get into that kind of mindset where I wonder what changed and how to get it going again. I did that. I was obsessive about weighing food and lowering calories to no avail. My body just decided it was enough at that point and things stayed very slow since then. Except for a sudden small drop that happened in the last few weeks again. But, that seems to be done for now too.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    I lost 6lb in the first week and then 1lb in the second.. I should think it will be another lb or less tomorrow weight in - so mine was very short lived!!
  • Kellryn
    Kellryn Posts: 139 Member
    I went very strong for almost a month, then it started to slow down. Of course just after the 4 week mark, I had tons of new energy so started exercising again (was sedentary) which I know a change in routine can make you hold extra water. Now after about 3 weeks of exercising it looks like it might be picking up again. I hope!

Of course I have a lot of weight to lose so will lose faster then someone closer to goal. You have to think about your circumstances and that everyone loses differently.