Zombies, Run!

Options
skipdog21
skipdog21 Posts: 23 Member
I just started this app this week to get back into shape after a long winter. I have really enjoyed it so far! How is everyone else doing on it? I'm still in week one but running 5 times a week will burn through these seasons pretty quickly I can imagine.

Replies

• OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'm so in.

But I've seen ZR groups come and go on MFP -- it would be cool to make a weekly challenge ZR group based on zombie stuff. Otherwise people can't really talk or someone starts going, "SPOILERS!!!" (Whether it really is a spoiler or not).

This is my 5th year as a Runner for Able. :) I've also done both Virtual Races for ZR.
  • skipdog21
    Options
    Welcome! I am a newb to the world but enjoying it and was surprised not to see a group yet.

As for the spoilers I completely agree! I haven't passed week one so any plot talk needs to be prefaced with the warning.

I am sure we can come up with some challenges as we grow and get everyone involved. So happy to have you here!
  • smurph1968
    smurph1968 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm on S3 M51. I walk and run during the missions. I haven't run much since last summer because of a foot injury, and I'm trying to get back on track! I'd love to do a weekly challenge! I need the motivation.
  • skipdog21
    Options
    They just started another 5K season on Zombies. It might help too!

Happy to get some weekly challenges started. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on the matter? Lets brainstorm!
  • OregonRunner5
    Options
    I'm in some challenges on MFP and they're usually broken up to:

fitness
    weight loss (or maintenance)
    healthy eating

But maybe we should also have a section called, "Sam Yao" -- maybe best item we brought back to Able that week in the game, or best items we actually did physically encounter on the trail (like on time I wondered onto about a billion washed up blue jellyfish, and once there was a whale, and sometimes just weird stuff happens)...

Maybe under healthy eating it could be called something like, "Curly Wurly + Marmite" ;-P naa' not really....just a thought...

• skipdog21
    Options
    I like the Sam Yao idea to start us off. After the run you can screenshot the best item you found and give a reason on why it should win. This would be fluctuating in the beginning and can continue to be by a popular vote for a winner or we could set up a chart of items in a rank structure.

I am sure we will have a few interested in the normal weight loss MFP contest but very much like the idea of having Zombies, Run! exclusive contests.
  • skipdog21
    Options
    Welcome to our Township, TwinkleCarnage!
  • OregonRunner5
    Options
    There was a duck in the middle of the trail today when I was doing my ZR mission. ;-P lol
  • sara3142015
    sara3142015 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I started the 5k training program a couple of weeks ago. The idea is fun and engaging and keeps me entertained while I walk/run. I would enjoy participating in challenges as a way to stay motivated.
  • skipdog21
    Options
    Welcome, Sara and Emma! We are excited to have you!
  • atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I just did my first mission today, and so far I'm hooked. I'm hoping to ease into the running with this, since I'm not a runner. I've always steered away from running in the past because of breathing problems, and I want to finally try to overcome this health obstacle standing in my way, but time will tell. Luckily there's a park/sports area close to my house that is relatively flat.
  • skipdog21
    Options
    So happy it went so well, atrosper! After my first I couldn't stop and found myself wanting to run!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started using the app a few months ago and haven't gotten any runs done recently (it has been 3 weeks). I've been busy and also in a slump as far as eating and exercising. I'm moving this weekend and I figure I should capitalize on a big change like that to get back into the groove. So the plan is to change my sleep schedule after the move so I get up earlier and run before work. I go to work pretty early, so that might be hard to sustain when it is still dark out later on, but will have to cross that bridge when I come to it. For now, Mon. is the longest day of the year and I figured out if I start my run a few min. before official sunrise, I'll have time to get an episode done and still shower before work. So I'm joining this group and plan to get back into it. I'm still on season 1, so I need to get a lot of running in so I can catch up.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just saw the group. Love Zombies, Run - listen to it on all my runs. Currently on Season 2. Just completed Mission 33.