Keto after surgery?

Options
I started keto in January with much skepticism. 32lbs down and I'm a convert! I had surgery last week on my lumbar spine and have been wondering how this diet will affect the healing process. I don't want to lose progress but, I'm just wondering if there's anything I'm missing that's crucial to the healing process. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

Replies

• lauriemartin2
    lauriemartin2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Crickets.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I started keto in January with much skepticism. 32lbs down and I'm a convert! I had surgery last week on my lumbar spine and have been wondering how this diet will affect the healing process. I don't want to lose progress but, I'm just wondering if there's anything I'm missing that's crucial to the healing process. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

There's a girl on IG who doesn't always do Keto unless she's having surgery or something. She says the diet helps reduce inflammation and bloating which really helps with the healing process. I'll go look her up.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Her name is "weightlosshero" and she talks about it in her post on April 9th. So I would think Keto would actually help with your surgery recovery.