2016 MFP Grand Tour Challenge - Vuelta Now Up and Rolling...

Options

Replies

• bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My goal is to finish better than 18th.
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

My focus may be on LeJog but I'll be watching this one with interest, as I'm not playing it'll be less this:

netherlands-epen-family-sitting-on-seesaw-afrr6x.jpg

and more this:

maxresdefault.jpg
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Count me in.
    jillyian wrote: »
    I'm in
    Count us in, me and BamaBoyScout.

That's the first 5 (including me...)
    narak_lol wrote: »
    Hi Mark - could you please sign me up? Thanks!
    TDSeest wrote: »
    I'm in if you still want me

six and seven... welcome aboard folks :)

FitterBody wrote: »
    Can I be number 8 please? Gonna need the motivation to get out there again.
    cloggsy71 wrote: »
    I'm in :p
    Kupe wrote: »
    I am in. Hopefully the weather will start getting better. Or at least slightly warmer and less rain

8,9,10 :+1:
    Rowing training will be stepping up during this, so will probably make 100 km a week at best. I'm in, if there is an appropriate spot in a team for me.
    that's good enough for me... 11
    I'm in. Probably about the same miles as the TdF since I'll still be working 72 hour shifts on the weekends.
    Always amazed how you can fit 72 hours into 2 day weekends... 12
    I'm in for another tour.
    excellent... 13

BigG59 wrote: »
    I'm n again
    :+1: 14
    canbbot wrote: »
    I'm in. Probably will be Latnerne Rouge again. But I love these challenges!!! And I am so proud of my award. :-)
    Glad you liked it, happy to have you aboard... 15
    ntnunk wrote: »
    I'm in again!
    Excellent, and that makes 16 by my reckoning...

Count me in on this one please :)

17... welcome aboard

bsexton3 wrote: »
    I'm in. My goal is to finish better than 18th.

18 - that's 2 teams worth now... only another 2 teams to go...
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Jakess1971 wrote: »
    My focus may be on LeJog but I'll be watching this one with interest, as I'm not playing it'll be less this:

Can't say you won't be missed Jas... but I understand why you're not in for this one...

So... Quick update on the current "team standings" re: signups...

Based on the TdF rostas (which may have to change subject to no-shows / new starters etc.)

Pastana - 8 from 9 signed back up, 1 member non-participant this time - 1 vacancy.

Team Pie - 4 from 9 signed back up, 1 member non-participant this time - 1 definite vacancy, 4 prior riders to be confirmed

Twinkie Scoff - 5 from 9 signed back up, 0 members non-participant at this time - 4 prior riders to be confirmed

Lotta Jumbos - 0 from 9 signed back up, 2 members non-participant this time - 2 definite vacancys, 7 prior riders to be confirmed.

:naughty: Maybe you should ride Solo as team Lotta Jumbo Jason - at least you show some degree of enthusiasm for the challenge.

• Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

:naughty: Maybe you should ride Solo as team Lotta Jumbo Jason - at least you show some degree of enthusiasm for the challenge.

lol I would but the stats would be mental, week 1 would be pretty low (basic fitness maintenance), week 2 would be total rest leading upto LeJog and week 3 would be through the roof stats wise in the region of 1-200 miles per day.

Next years will be a different beast entirely and I'm taking a year out of doing anything mental with more ride for fun so would fit into a team nicely then, I may even work on my speed as by then I'll be super slim and a racing snake ..... yeh right.
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    The TDF challenge pretty much passed me by because of some pretty big life upheavals at the moment, all good but I'm just not getting as much saddle time as I would like.

Please put me down for this one, I'll get in as much as I can, in theory I will have more riding time in the future... :)
  • Cycle_pathic
    Cycle_pathic Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Count me in , Please.
  • lbchilds2001
    lbchilds2001 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Please count me in as well
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Probably about the same miles as the TdF since I'll still be working 72 hour shifts on the weekends.
    Always amazed how you can fit 72 hours into 2 day weekends... 12

[/quote]

They aren't two day weekends. I start on Friday and end on Monday.
  • ciclamino1
    ciclamino1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    The TDF challenge pretty much passed me by because of some pretty big life upheavals at the moment, all good but I'm just not getting as much saddle time as I would like.

Please put me down for this one, I'll get in as much as I can, in theory I will have more riding time in the future... :)

Check_Mate wrote: »
    Count me in , Please.

• TheBigYin
    Options
    ciclamino1 wrote: »
    I'm in!

excellent - we'll need a few details if possible

First off, we need your Strava athlete URL, it'll be something like this...

https://www.strava.com/athletes/165533

(log into Strava on a desktop machine, click on your avatar at the top right hand side of the screen, and select "my profile" from the pulldown. Then when the page loads, copy the URL into your reply in here...)

From there, we'll organise invites to a couple of Strava "teams", and Jason will be in touch to set you up on CycLeagues to handle the automatic logging.

Can I ask you what kind of distances you're aiming for over the period of the challenge - just to try and balance the teams ??

• banshee1013
    banshee1013 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm in again! I might miss the first 4 days as I'll be in Hawaii, but maybe I can escape the family, rent a bike and squeeze in a ride :)
  • TheBigYin
    Options

Count me in , Please.

I'm in again! I might miss the first 4 days as I'll be in Hawaii, but maybe I can escape the family, rent a bike and squeeze in a ride :)

22 - no worries - ride when you can, to be honest the Vuelta is often a little more "low-key" than the other two challenges - either because it's getting to the end of the season, or because people just have worn themselves out on the Giro and TdF (just like in real life) so it's good to have the regulars on board.

• Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    If you have a spot left for me I'd love it. If not, no worries.
  • TheBigYin
    Options

Count me in , Please.

22 - no worries - ride when you can, to be honest the Vuelta is often a little more "low-key" than the other two challenges - either because it's getting to the end of the season, or because people just have worn themselves out on the Giro and TdF (just like in real life) so it's good to have the regulars on board.

of course we have Tom...

and, i've had a PM from the CentralCali's - that's 2 more with David and Rosie now onboard :+1:

so, we're now on 25 folks - and one newbie with access TBC. that's still 10 places remaining...

• CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Count Rosie and I in for the challenge
  • webtracer
    webtracer Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in if there is a spot left!
  • TheBigYin
    Options

Count me in , Please.

of course we have Tom...

and, i've had a PM from the CentralCali's - that's 2 more with David and Rosie now onboard :+1:

so, we're now on 25 folks - and one newbie with access TBC. that's still 10 places remaining...
    webtracer wrote: »
    I'm in if there is a spot left!

that makes a total of 26 - I'm guessing that the newbie decided against entering, a shame, but better now than taking up a place that someone else could have had, or leaving a team one man down from the outset...

we'll be cutting off for signups on friday afternoon some time I think - from the pace of additions recently, I think we're going to run out of time before we run out of spaces - as I say we're currently 26/36

At the moment, if we don't get a full rosta, I'm favouring reduced team sizes - keeping all 4 teams, but running (as it stands now) 6/7 person teams - which WILL make it a tougher challenge to actually complete the overall distance, never mind the day-by-day figures... but, what the hell - we're here because we like a challenge, aren't we ??

• canbbot
    canbbot Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think I need a challenge.