How's it going, fellow shorties??

TxTiffani
TxTiffani Posts: 799 Member
I am 5'1 or 5' depending on who's measuring;) SW 148 CW 139 GW 112? I've been 140ish my whole adult life (up to 160 & 180 after my babies 6 & 4 yrs ago but lost within a yr of each baby) and I'm sick of being heavier than I want to be:( I want to feel good about my body;) So, happy to see a short group! How's everyone doing? What calorie & exercises are y'all doing??

Replies

• SparklyBubblyBabe
    SparklyBubblyBabe Posts: 96 Member
    5' 2" SW: 155. I used to hover around 135 in middle school and 140 in high school. Gained 10-15 after college (hooray booze!). CW: 148. This is probably my 5th or 6th time trying to lose weight. I'm "back on the saddle" so to speak.

I was cutting calories at 1450-1400 (my maintenance is 1670-ish). Today I decided to drop down to 1170 and increasingly go down to 1000 when I hit 135. After I get to 130, I'll only cut by 250 calories until I get to a weight i feel fab at.

Not sure if I'll be able to survive without hating myself, but we'll see. May have to adjust if I get too cranky.

Lately, my exercises have been house work/yard care stuff because I only like exercising if it also accomplishes something. I shoveled an 1/8 of my 400 foot-long driveway. Took about 45 minutes. Guess I'll have a lot of exercise this week!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    I am 5' 1.75" tall! Short people lose weight so differently. I lose 5 lbs and lose a dress size, unlike tall people.
    I started hitting up the gym a few months ago and have increased in intensity. I am up to working out 3-7 days a week depending on my schedule. I invested (thanks Walmart) in some cute cheap gym stuff that fits nicely so it is more appealing to workout. I normally work out for greater than an hour because if I am already sweating to death and in my cute gym clothes, why not?
    I track measurements as well as weight. When I have busting myself with exercise and eating well, the scale doesn't always reflect that. For example, I lost 7-8 pounds but 2 inches off my hips/butt and 3 inches off my waist.
    Feel free to add me