Hi, New to the group

Options
CaliVictoria
CaliVictoria Posts: 16 Member
Hi everyone. I'm new to the group and just wanted to stop in and say hi. Introduce myself a little. I am 57 years old, and last week I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. I'm pretty sure I got this from Emotional Eating...as my go to comfort foods are carbs. Anyway, hoping I can learn new ways to deal with my feelings than eat badly. Looking for friends to get support and to also give support. Thanks!

Replies

• nitallica
    nitallica Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi CaliVictoria, welcome aboard! Like you, I was also recently diagnosed as Type 2 and my comfort foods are carbs. Please feel free to friend me. You are not alone in this! :)
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Add me too if you like. I'm finally getting to a place where I think I can cope without food. About to get some additional support to help me stay in this better place. Glad you found this group!
  • stephaniejenson
    stephaniejenson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new too... I definitely am guilty of emotional eating and also boredom eating. I just want to be happy and healthy. Hoping to find similar people to help support each other X
  • traci9028
    traci9028 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello CaliVictoria. Welcome. I've been on MFP for almost two years and I think it's a wonderful tool. Unfortunately, I am an emotional eater and rarely stay under my eating goal. I have not been diagnosed with Diabetes but I always have that in the back of my mind as my weight goes up. I know going it alone is such a struggle and I find the more supportive friends you have, the more empowered you become. Feel free to get in touch with me and I will support you too!