Odd bits that changed

Options
Foamroller
Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
I've been on this lowcarb and IF since September 2014. I looove the big NSV threads. But it struck me the other day, that I wash my hair much less than before. It doesn't get greasy even with many days passed.

So it got me thinking of other odd details that's changed. And I'd love to hear of other's experience as well :) Here's my list so far:
- Very ungreasy hair.
- less or weaker body hairs
- the dark spots in armpits are gone
- an old injury on the shin was blue for years after the accident. The discoloration is noticeably reduced.

On the negative side, but that could be due to general aging and or still unresolved metabolic issues.
- more and bigger freckles on body.
- I have started to get "liver spots", normally seen on much older people.

If anyone knows why these things happen or have the same, I'm curious.

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »
    I've been on this lowcarb and IF since September 2014. I looove the big NSV threads. But it struck me the other day, that I wash my hair much less than before. It doesn't get greasy even with many days passed.

So it got me thinking of other odd details that's changed. And I'd love to hear of other's experience as well :) Here's my list so far:
    - Very ungreasy hair.
    - an old injury on the shin was blue for years after the accident. The discoloration is noticeably reduced.

On the negative side, but that could be due to general aging and or still unresolved metabolic issues.

Thanks for starting this thread!

Considering the substantial impact of LC+IF on aspects of our health to which we pay close attention, it figures that other organs would also affected.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I've been told "liver spots" is just sun damage. Wear some sun screen...especially on your hands :)
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I've not been Keto long but already noticed the little goosebumpy things by my elbows have disappeared. I have sensitive skin and noticed other areas smoothing out.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    60to35 wrote: »
    I had a "geographic tongue" since birth. It looked like ulcers on my tongue and could be painful some days. They are gone and my tongue is a healthy pink.
    Had a large varicose vein developing on my thigh- it's 90% gone
    My hair is thicker and I lose less when brushing it out after a shower.
    No more exercise induced asthma.
    The changes have been incredible.

Congrats!

How long did it take for these changes to take place?
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    @RalfLott Today is my 37th day. Hard to believe a 50 year old body could respond so quickly. Wish I had known about LCHF 30 years ago!! Could have saved myself years of starvation.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    @RalfLott Today is my 37th day. Hard to believe a 50 year old body could respond so quickly. Wish I had known about LCHF 30 years ago!! Could have saved myself years of starvation.

Wow! Kudos x 1,000,000!

Yeah, I'm wishing the same thing. However, better late than never!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Foamroller wrote: »

- Very ungreasy hair.

Now that you mention it, I have noticed that I am less greasy, and often have less body odor too. I can't say that I'e noticed the other things that you've mentioned.
    Today is my 37th day. Hard to believe a 50 year old body could respond so quickly. Wish I had known about LCHF 30 years ago!! Could have saved myself years of starvation.

That's how I feel about it too! I wish I could turn back the clock. ;)
  • efischer90
    efischer90 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My eczema on my hands totally cleared up!
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    This is a really interesting thread...!

I have a few odd but good things i've noticed too...

My tummy button doesn't get clammy any more (weird, and DON'T ask why it used to... I have no idea!)
    I didn't get any spots during my lead up to TOM
    My libido is definitely up!

• annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Weird! I thought I'd noticed less hair on my arms lately, but dismissed it as just seeing things.

I have definitely noticed the kp on my arms has faded though, so that's a plus. And my heels aren't as dry.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    So many big health benefits.

I wish I was in the no-greasy club! My skin on my feet and elbows is much softer, even without moisturizing. Libido is more stable. I used to have BO that smells like onions leading up to TOM. That's gone! Less nightmares.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    One weird thing I noticed was I don't have gunk in my ears like I used to. Now if I use a Q-tip, it is just to dry in the ear, not to wipe out gunk.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @deksgrl I didn't consider that until reading your post but I don't have any gunk in my ears either. So strange the things you don't think about.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I never thought much about it but now when I dry my ears with a Q-tip they come out white too unlike before. I will pay attention to see if that is all of the time.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Subtle changes like this can become awesome! Who else just checked their ears? Lol! I did! :smiley: I also looked at my feet, and the heels are smooth! I've had an area of thickened skin above the heel on one foot for years, and it's gone too! Yay LCHF!!