Easy and simply meals to cook

Options
melissa7662
melissa7662 Posts: 93 Member
I am not one to cook often. It's easier to eat out most time.
But I'm looking for simple and easy meal ideas.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

• Jan93L
    Jan93L Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Salad with meat and or cheese, oil and vinegar dressing. Or spaghetti squash with a bit of pasta sauce and cheese. The squash is low carb and not bad tasting.
  • JaneKnoll1
    JaneKnoll1 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    One my easy meals is a tuna melty..
    Mix tuna with avocado (or light mayonnaise) if you are not an avocado lover...add some chopped green onion or finely chopped regular onion and some grated light cheese. Put it on a piece of toasted whole grain bread..put it under the broiler until the cheese melts. Have it with cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices...easy peasy and healthy!

If you don't have time for cooking, I do minimal in the week but on weekends I make homemade soup and freeze it in portions..I make chicken barley soup which has carrots, onions and celery..it's got fiber in it from the barley and wll you have to do is heat it up and have an apple and low fat cheese and some almonds for a great easy meal.
    @Jan93L had some good suggestions too!!
    Make breakfast for dinner too...eggs are great for that but add veggies!!

You can buy stirfry veggies at the store and strips of chicken already cut up..fry the onion and chicken slices and then add the veggies..stir them around and put a splash of light soy sauce on it and put it over whole grain rice...you can get those microwave cups of rice...fast and easy...

Best wishes!