So it's my birthday....

Options
PennyBrew
PennyBrew Posts: 47 Member
So tomorrow is my 29th birthday and I'm going to be meeting family for breakfast and possibly friends for dinner. I'm a little bit nervous. I don't like birthdays because I do not like all eyes on me, I know mentally everybody isn't judging me but my anxiety disorder disagrees. I'm trying to figure out how to not binge because I'm uncomfortable. I've actually been doing pretty well and I don't want to have one bad day derail me.

Does anybody have any coping mechanisms for these situations?

Replies

• lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday
    Moderation is the key
  • traci9028
    traci9028 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi PennyBrew. Happy Birthday. So sorry I didn't see this until today. I hope you had a happy one despite your anxiety. I recently got on meds to control the anxiety. I also don't like celebrating my birthday and I know going out to eat is always a struggle, especially when I'm nervous. Hope it went well and everything is good!
  • nitallica
    nitallica Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart. Happy belated Birthday! Mine was the 15th. I hope your day went well!
  • PennyBrew
    PennyBrew Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I actually did okay on my birthday. Despite family encouraging me not to track at all. I think I only went 100 calories over my goal and I've been walking more all week to make up he difference.
  • nitallica
    nitallica Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! :)
  • traci9028
    traci9028 Posts: 104 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Great job! And Happy Belated to you too "nitallica"

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Great going Traci! Goes to show celebrating doesn't have to turn into a disaster, that's a great example for me. Thank you for sharing this good day.