Breaking stalls

Options
LolaDeeDaisy23
LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
Been following these threads for awhile. Just curious, is there a difference between all animal April or ground beef challenge or egg fast? Is going 0 carb what's needed to break stalls?

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not. Zerocarb is not intended to be a stall-breaker. If anything, it can help identify foods that might be causing problems, because you have removed as many variables as possible. It was my initial trials with zerocarb that helped me quantify my issues with sweeteners, even the artificial and "zero carb" ones. I have known of my own issues with dairy for a while. But, I have never gone a prolonged period without it. I just like it too much. My ground-beef challenge forced me to live without it. I was a little shocked that it was such a big influence. I shouldn't have been shocked. I have had milk "issues" since birth.

I wouldn't suggest that ground beef alone was the best way to eat long term. I just don't think it's sustainable or necessary. It came up only because I was talking out my butt in the thread about the guy who ate only bacon for a month, claiming I could do the same thing if it was just ground beef.

Personally, I discourage the mindset of stall-breaking. The best stall-breaker is time.

I don't even think that zero carb is better than keto or other low-carb plans for weight loss. It can even cause slower weight loss, if someone eats until satiety as I encourage.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    @FIT_Goat Makes sense... I've been debating about removing dairy from my diet but I just love it too much. I loooove iced coffee with hwc. I can live off that stuff but I'm pretty sure it stalls me unfortunately.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I knew it stalled me, but I didn't think it was as bad as it was. I have always assumed I was lactose intolerant. It would make me bloated and caused cramps. I think I have identified it as an actual allergy. As a baby, my mom told me that I needed to be on special formula because I wouldn't tolerate milk. My whole life, it has always been an issue. But, when I added it back and also identified hives (which I always assumed were from touching something) as being related to how much dairy I consumed, it started to click that it might not be lactose intolerance. I might really be allergic to dairy. I could be doing actual harm. The weight is likely inflammation and bad reaction.

Yeah, I love dairy too. It's my favorite. I would eat it all the time. I doubt there was every three days where I went completely without it. I'm trying to keep away from it now. I am tempted. I have a whole quart of HWC in my fridge that was supposed to be for my coffee. My wife bought it for me at the end of my ground beef experiment, so I could have it for my coffee. I haven't opening it, yet, but it stares at me every time I open the door.