Day 18 and 19 Weekend with sick kids

Options
shuki_cotren
shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
edited April 2016 in Social Groups
Saturday, April 23- Day 18
Meal 1: Scrambled eggs ans Banana pancakes made with mashed up bananas, eggs, and almond flour. And I did partake in some maple syrup. It was glorious.

Meal 2: Large romaine salad..forget what I had on it for veggies. I may have had a hardboiled egg or two on it. Dressing was olive oil and vinegar

Meal 3: Roasted potatoes, broccoli and carrots with roasted chicken.

Snacks- unsweetened applesause, banana

Sunday, April 24, Day 19

Meal 1: Tried out a recipe I created myself by mixing pizza sauce, ground beef, and pizza seasoning into eggs when I was scrambling....HORRIBLE. Will never try again. I should have known I wouldnt like it. I am very picky about my eggs and I dont like frittatas either.

Meal 2: Big romaine salad with leftover chicken, sunflower seeds, and a little bit of organic cheese, with olive oil and vinegar. Breaking rules left and right...

Meal 3: We made bone broth from the chicken carcass last night in the slow cooker, so I added a little extra chicken broth, some leftover chicken and roasted potatoes, and some veggies with some garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, and dried parsley and made chicken-potato soup. It was SOOOO good. Almost made me cry when kids were being picky and wanting to waste it. Whole family is sick so I tried everything I could to get them to eat it and finally I let them mash in club crackers...at least the crackers soaked in the broth.

Also started exercising today. Had lost my gym membership card (not really a great excuse) so hadnt been there since before my whole30! Generally I have been lazy since starting. I know I wont see a lot of progress on weight loss without exercise, though. Hope I finally get myself back on track with regular exercise this week!

Replies

• GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Saturday, April 23- Day 18
    Sunday, April 24, Day 19

Meal 1: Tried out a recipe I created myself by mixing pizza sauce, ground beef, and pizza seasoning into eggs when I was scrambling....HORRIBLE. Will never try again. I should have known I wouldnt like it. I am very picky about my eggs and I dont like frittatas either.

LOL, good to know, but it sounding good in the making :D