Travel tips

Options
Sweets1954
Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
My husband and I are planning a trip to Tokyo the end of May. I know this is going to be a very long flight and would love some suggestions on what kind of snacks I should have for the flight. This will be the first time I have taken a flight since I have been on insulin so I'm not sure what to expect.

Replies

• LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I went through that a couple years ago when I moved to Scotland. I recommend making sure you have some glucose tabs on you for any hypoglycemic emergencies. I packed almonds and beef jerky and bought a chicken salad for dinner on the plane. On the next leg of my flight I ordered a cheese and meat platter to share with my husband and I let him have the crackers. I also took a little container of Truvia tabs and some Mio for my coffee & water.

Enjoy all of the delicious food in Tokyo!!
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions.
  • wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Portable protein like nuts have been my choice. You might want to check with the airline or the state department travel website in case anything is barred, like meats.

Be sure to stay hydrated as well. It is surprising how getting dehydrated can mess with your blood sugar.