Greetings, New Groupie here!

Options
NewMEEE2016
NewMEEE2016 Posts: 192 Member
Greetings, Groupies!

I am a huge fan of Tom's and very happy to find this group here!

I've gone from193 to, this morning, 165.4 since Jan 1st & want to "release" about another 20 lbs of fat & build lots of lean muscle. I did this on my own by just calorie counting & CLEAN, CLEAN eating. Unfortunately, I didn't get my body composition done before starting, so I don't know how that has changed. According to my nutritionist, though, I've gone from "obese" to just "overfat" in the last couple weeks :) So that's definitely progress! Most importantly, though, I am feeling great & have gone from a size 14 pants to size 10 petites.

Oddly- I am eating ***much, much more food*** than I ate when I was heavier! (I had been at 1200 cals- but my nutritionist is recommending that I up it to 1400).

Still have a good deal of fat to lose around the middle- but I am **committed** to doing whatever it takes (hey- if I have to eat that many calories of wonderful wholesome delicious food- so be it) to create the best body possible.

My only concern is that, at age 61, I want to be sure that I don't end up w/saggy skin. So am taking it slow & sure. Have been doing cardio a few times a week (swimming) but will be adding weights this week (anyone familiar with the "slow burn" or "power of 10" program?

Anyway- best to all (I'm not saying "best of luck"- b/c "luck" has nothing to do w/it. Only commitment and persistence)

I look forward to sharing our success stories!

Replies

• bobbyboombeck
    bobbyboombeck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the progress. That's incredible! I'm 42 and started 3 weeks ago. I'm already in great shape, I just wanted to take things to the next level with the mental and nutritional aspects.

Post progress pics!