May Goals Thread

2»

Replies

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    1. -13 lbs...it's a LOFTY goal, has really no end date, but here's the thing. I already hit my surgeon's goal and he won't set more, so I have to. 13lbs brings me to 170. So, after that it's 10lbs at a time, no real END goal.

--Well, my surgeon did reboot my weight goal since I rocked it! His new goal is 158 by 10/14. I'm already down over 1lb. So on my way!

2. Plan my weekends better. I tend to consume way under my goals when I'm not at work because I'm not as structured.

--Yeah, not happening. Started dating someone and things have been up in the air. Still eating well, making good choices, but not on a schedule, and most days not enough. Oops.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    garber6th wrote: »

Try pigeon pose and crescent lunges to help stretch and strengthen your hip flexors. Adding 30-60 minutes of power yoga a week has helped my running a lot.

I have really noticed the difference in my body since I started yoga. It's helped improve my flexibility and strength, which has helped my cardio workouts and strength training. It just makes me feel better overall!

Thanks, y'all! I'll definitely do this. I like yoga anyway so it's a no-brainer - it's just forcing time on my schedule to make it happen.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    May Goals are happening!! I reached my Weight Goal this week. Such a relief. I only had 1 lb to lose to reach half my body weight but I would go up 2 then down 2. So I stopped drinking decaf coffee and started green tea. Stopped all carbs to speak of and hit the protein hard. I dropped 4 lbs in 7 days. It just feels great to have things moving again. I'm ok with some weight fluctuation now that I know I actually reached my personal goal.

June 15 will be my 1 year surgiversary and I feel like a new person!!
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    1. -13 lbs...it's a LOFTY goal, has really no end date, but here's the thing. I already hit my surgeon's goal and he won't set more, so I have to. 13lbs brings me to 170. So, after that it's 10lbs at a time, no real END goal.

--Ok! Down 6 of 13 pounds! So I'm moving and grooving!

2. Plan my weekends better. I tend to consume way under my goals when I'm not at work because I'm not as structured.

--Yeah, still not happening. Started dating someone and things have been up in the air. Still eating well, making good choices, but not on a schedule, and most days not enough. Oops.
  • Autum1031
    Autum1031 Posts: 83 Member
    reached my goal of getting into the "overweight" category of my BMI! I'm now 206 pounds with a BMI of 29.6, which feels great. I had my 6 month check up on Tuesday. With clothes on, I came in at 207.9, so I juuuust squeaked by at 29.85. :-) My dr removed the diagnosis of "obesity' from my medical chart. Felt awesome. 81 pounds lost since surgery.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Way to go, Autumn!
  • BStruble2
    BStruble2 Posts: 62 Member
    BStruble2 wrote: »
    Hit onederland! No more starting with a 2!!! Less than 8 pounds is totally doable!
    Still 4 pounds to go. I am lacking motivation at the end of the day after work. I need to up my movement and get back to tracking everything on here.
  • BStruble2
    BStruble2 Posts: 62 Member
    I did it!!! Being sick didn't hurt my numbers, but I tend to lose and then plateau for a few days and then lose a few, so I am the newest member of Onederland!g3w9oiiye6zl.png
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Goals: I am at a loss as to how to reach them any longer. I'm 3 1/2 years post RNY and about a year ago I had to cut way back on my protein because of kidney problems--I am a type I diabetic on an insulin pump. I had reached my goal weight of 134 pounds at about 9 months post op, maintained it for 2 years. Since the kidney issues I was forced to add back carbs--fiber, grains, of course a lot of vegetables. I maintain my calories at less than 1500 per day and go to the gym at least 5 days a week. I've gained 15 pounds this last year and gone up one pant size and one shirt size. To get back where I need to do would mean 1000 calories a day again and at 3+ years out that's pretty difficult. I never believed I would gain anything back, especially when I keep my calories in check and exercise regularly. They weren't lying when they said the body would "relearn" normal digestion and metabolism. This is a real struggle. I'd go back to the first few months post op in a heartbeat.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    annwyatt69 wrote: »
    Goals: I am at a loss as to how to reach them any longer. I'm 3 1/2 years post RNY and about a year ago I had to cut way back on my protein because of kidney problems--I am a type I diabetic on an insulin pump. I had reached my goal weight of 134 pounds at about 9 months post op, maintained it for 2 years. Since the kidney issues I was forced to add back carbs--fiber, grains, of course a lot of vegetables. I maintain my calories at less than 1500 per day and go to the gym at least 5 days a week. I've gained 15 pounds this last year and gone up one pant size and one shirt size. To get back where I need to do would mean 1000 calories a day again and at 3+ years out that's pretty difficult. I never believed I would gain anything back, especially when I keep my calories in check and exercise regularly. They weren't lying when they said the body would "relearn" normal digestion and metabolism. This is a real struggle. I'd go back to the first few months post op in a heartbeat.

You can do this! Maybe set your goals to be more in line with where you are now. For instance, maybe something like plan to drink X amount of water a day or try to set aside at least one day a week to do something you love. Anything you set will get you closer to where you want to be, so don't limit your options to just food-related ones. You've got this!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    garber6th wrote: »
    I am adding on to my April goals (1-6) -

1. Cardio - minimum 5 times a week, minimum 45 minutes.
    2. Strength training routine that I got from my trainer - 3 times a week.
    3. Attend lunchtime yoga at work (they have it twice a week).
    4. Log my food EVERY day, even on weekends (which is when I tend to get a little sloppy).
    5. Exercise outside at least once a week.
    6. Finally go on a Sunday morning hike with my friend's hiking group.
    7. Work on increasing my water.
    8. Try two new recipes.

This past weekend I FINALLY went on a hike with my friend's hiking group. It was a 5 mile hike with at least half uphill, but I did it! I have no problem walking a lot but hiking is another story! I really liked it though and I will definitely do it again, at least while it isn't too hot yet!