Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Back again, 3rd time

13»

Replies

• beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    wqrcqj1gqt5f.jpg

Here is proof that the weight on the scale means nothing. 3 weeks are in between both slips of paper. Body fat % is down, and fat mass as well. Weight still being the same!! Its little things like this that keep me motivated!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    even though it's easily within the margin of error of BIA (5% easily) - it also proves that fluctuations are going to happen and nothing to be concerned as you've proven through measurements.

I do find it interesting that despite them showing a different in FFM (or LBM) - their calculated BMR doesn't change.

Which tells me that BMR is based on good old gender, age, weight, height - rather than potentially better Katch model.
    Or the difference and rounding wasn't enough to show up I guess.
  • beastmode_kitty
    heybales wrote: »
    even though it's easily within the margin of error of BIA (5% easily) - it also proves that fluctuations are going to happen and nothing to be concerned as you've proven through measurements.

I do find it interesting that despite them showing a different in FFM (or LBM) - their calculated BMR doesn't change.

Which tells me that BMR is based on good old gender, age, weight, height - rather than potentially better Katch model.
    Or the difference and rounding wasn't enough to show up I guess.

Not sure, but Im glad to see fat mass to go down :)
  • heybales
    Hey - nice recognition of body type there that I missed.
    I wonder how many descriptions they have.
    The BIA scales that have that athlete option are supposed to improve the accuracy somewhat.
  • beastmode_kitty
    heybales wrote: »
    Hey - nice recognition of body type there that I missed.
    I wonder how many descriptions they have.
    The BIA scales that have that athlete option are supposed to improve the accuracy somewhat.

Only 2. Standard and Athlete. I asked around and I was told Athlete just because of the amount of times I work out a week.
  • beastmode_kitty
    Added another 100 cals today while adding almost 5-10lbs per exercise on leg day today. Up 5 lbs on the scale, but who cares. Its muscle growth and probably excess water from the way I ate this weekend. Don't care, got them gains I wanted :)
  • heybales
    More gains on the bar means more damage in the muscle - means more burned to repair - means more transformation.

Great work.
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    I'm impressed with your PR's, unstoppable! Don't worry about the scale. When and if I decide to step on it, it's never right after any strength training. I usually give it at least two or three days without ST before doing it ;) .